Winchester

I have 3 Extreme Weathers. Factory barrels on two, the other is a Bartlein. All are re-bedded from the original factory bedding. All shoot sub moa, and the 280 AI with the Bartlein is exceptional. I'd recommend re-bedding the action to the stock. Well worth the money in accuracy improvement, no matter who makes the rifle. All rifles I have are Winchester CRF's or Mauser 98s. I personally love the safety on the Winchesters. Enjoy your new rifle!

I researched plenty and seen some with fluted barrels some with out Jentleman I got the rifle from said he had the box and it was an extreme weather he is looking for it regardless I can make my money back from the gun easily and the ammo is extra

I've had a couple of Winchester 70's. One with a plasti-stock like yours in 300 Win Mag, it shot much better after putting it in a Boyd's stock, although I don't recommend Boyd unless laminate is your thing.
My 270 WSM Featherweight shot well out of the box, but even better after Acraglass bedding the first few inches and a recessed target crown cut. It has been 1/3 MOA for decades now with Federal 150 Fusion ammo. Slays anything ya point it at.

Attachments

• IMG_20171120_164530173.jpg
    IMG_20171120_164530173.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I have a few Win 70's,
375 H&H shoots under 1/2"
two- 270 WSM sporters; one shoots under 1/2"- the other shoots about 3/4"(rebarreling in it's future to a 1-8" twist barrel)
270 Win Featherwieght carbine shoots under 1"
270 Win sporter shoots under an 1" at 400 yards (McGowen rebarreled 10 years ago)
300 W/M shoots under 1"
338 W/M shoots under 1/2"
7MM R/M doesn't shoot well- bent barrel- rebarreling in its future to a 270/264 W/M wildcat.
I have had some really good luck with off the shelf Win 70's.

I've had a 270 wsm xbolt & tikka 270 wsm. The browning would do around 1 moa with 150gr federal fusions. The Tikka would do 3/4 to 1 moa with 140 accubond federal ammunition. I had a Winchester 70 270 Winchester that would do 1/2 moa with 130gr ballistic tip federal ammunition after the rifle was sent back to the factory.

I actually bought mine off a buddy who was in need of cash cause he'd got hurt at work with the intention of selling it if it didn't shoot very well. Well here I am 12 years or so later and still got it . I don't believe you'll have any issues