Winchester Staball HD Load Data

I was able to get out and do some velocity tests with the Staball HD yesterday in the 300 RUM. With a 190 gr ABLR and 91 grains of powder muzzle velocity was 3030fps. Out of 5 shots the extreme spread was 7 and no pressure signs. I'm going to try to keep working up and see if I can get the velocity up a bit. This is on a new rifle so I hope the velocity will come up a little there after barrel break in. Looks promising so far

I was able to get out and do some velocity tests with the Staball HD yesterday in the 300 RUM. With a 190 gr ABLR and 91 grains of powder muzzle velocity was 3030fps. Out of 5 shots the extreme spread was 7 and no pressure signs. I'm going to try to keep working up and see if I can get the velocity up a bit. This is on a new rifle so I hope the velocity will come up a little there after barrel break in. Looks promising so far
Thanks for the report! We've been getting to the high 30's low 40's for about an hour or two during the day then back to teens at night, with the wind it's hard to shoot for groups. If we get a couple days without the wind, I'll get to the range to test the HD as well... I did pick up a lb. of the regular StaBall 6.5 to try in my .243...

Last edited:
I read someone had tried Staball 6.5 in his 300 win mag and got great velocities.
Just found my notes:178 gr Absolute Hammers 78.0 grs,E S 9 with velocity of 3251 fps.
Remember to work up your own loads as every rifle is different.That just shows what the Staball powders can do.
Our weather is crappy right now as we have a front on it's way and more snow will soon be on the ground so I'm not going to the range until the ground clears a bit.

Shot this today from my 24" 300 WM. 2839 fps average with 200 gr ELD-X and Stabal-HD. I think it's Node 5.5 but QuickLoad has not published powder parameters for it yet. I guessed at some using Retumbo and W760 as a bit if a guide.

Attachments

• Stabal_HD.jpg
    Stabal_HD.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 115
VarmintBob I just got back from vacation and unloaded everything and checked the computer.
WOW I like the group!
Did you hit pressure at all?With a tight group like that any animal will fall.
Good work buddy.
I have 3 doctors appointment this week and then I'll get some shooting done and hopefully have some data.