Winchester staball 6.5 power

I tried it with 6.5 Creedmoor, .270 Win, and 30.06 load development. It was usually about 3rd or 4th accurate powder, usually behind H4350, IMR4350, and H4831. The StaBall loads were always under 1.0 moa, but not under .500 moa like the best powders for each cartridge.

Last edited:
My efforts were somewhere in the middle, decent accuracy and velocity but certainly doesn't supplant H4350, RL16, or RL26. I truly believe that if Winchester had called it StaBall 7-08, they would've cornered the market for 7-08 shooters. StaBall seems tailored for that cartridge. I use 48.8grs under a 140 Accubond for 2900fps in a 7-08 with a 23" barrel. If StaBall is the only powder available it will keep your 6.5 shooting, just not to the level if others IMO. Strangely, it doesn't foul the barrel to bad but when your done shooting, looking down the barrel you'd think you were looking down a muzzleloader, lots of "leftovers".

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.