winchester picatinny mounts

malcarjeb

Who has or makes picatinny bases with a 20moa for a Winchester 70 Magnum action with the .330 rear hole spacing??? I cant find nothing but the 2 piece weaver base.

I'd call Seekins Precision or Near Mfg and see if they can hook you up. Doesn't seem like too crazy of a request.

Seekins doesn't have them or makes them. I called today. I'll try Near and see. Thanks

Scott,

I used to have one that was manufactured by IOR. IOR, steel one-piece 20 moa base including the 0.330" receiver hole spacing. It had an extra hole drilled for that spacing so it could be used on both the standard long action Winchester 70 receivers, and the Winchester Express magnum receiver which has the narrowly spaced holes (0.330") that you're looking for. I sold my IOR base to another member - only because it was steel and I wanted to go with a lighter aluminum scope rail.

What I ended up doing is purchasing an aluminum one-piece rail from Brownell's (about $40) and having a local gunsmith (my brother) drill in the extra hole for the 0.330" spacing. But Brownell's didn't offer 20 moa rails at that time. Don't know if they do now or not. But if you simply can't locate the rail you want with the 0.330" spaced base mounting hole, you could purchase any 20 moa rail for the Winchester M70 long action and do the same. Have a gunsmith drill the extra hole to accept the 0.330" receiver spacing. Gunsmith's should have a specialty drill bit for drilling the extra mounting hole in these mounts. Anyway, at least my brother had them. With the specialty bit, it really is a simply matter to add the extra base screw hole to any standard 20 moa receiver that may only have the larger spacing for the non-Express Winchester M70 long actions.

Scott,

I used to have one that was manufactured by IOR. IOR, steel one-piece 20 moa base including the 0.330" receiver hole spacing. It had an extra hole drilled for that spacing so it could be used on both the standard long action Winchester 70 receivers, and the Winchester Express magnum receiver which has the narrowly spaced holes (0.330") that you're looking for. I sold my IOR base to another member - only because it was steel and I wanted to go with a lighter aluminum scope rail.

What I ended up doing is purchasing an aluminum one-piece rail from Brownell's (about $40) and having a local gunsmith (my brother) drill in the extra hole for the 0.330" spacing. But Brownell's didn't offer 20 moa rails at that time. Don't know if they do now or not. But if you simply can't locate the rail you want with the 0.330" spaced base mounting hole, you could purchase any 20 moa rail for the Winchester M70 long action and do the same. Have a gunsmith drill the extra hole to accept the 0.330" receiver spacing. Gunsmith's should have a specialty drill bit for drilling the extra mounting hole in these mounts. Anyway, at least my brother had them. With the specialty bit, it really is a simply matter to add the extra base screw hole to any standard 20 moa receiver that may only have the larger spacing for the non-Express Winchester M70 long actions.

Paul,
I may have to do just that. I might even have to see if your brother will do it for me! I have looked everwhere and can't find any made with the .330rhs. Thanks

I just purchased a NF 20 MOA base for the Winchester long action from Optics Planet with the extra slot for the .330 spacing

I just purchased a NF 20 MOA base for the Winchester long action from Optics Planet with the extra slot for the .330 spacing

Do you have the item or part number, I just looked and don't see a NF base with an extra hole for the .330 spacing. Thanks

Do you have the item or part number, I just looked and don't see a NF base with an extra hole for the .330 spacing. Thanks

NFW70LA120

It is the NF base for a Winchester long action the rear of the base has 3 holes and you only need 2

jwp475, Thanks I'll give them a try. It doen't state that it has the 3 holes, good info.

OK, I ordered the nf base today. The tech couldn't tell me if it had the third hole. Thanks

jwp475--I emailed NF before I ordered the base and now today I get an email from NF stating that they do NOT have a base that will fit the Winchester express magnum action with the .330 rear hole spacing. O well it will be here in two days-if its not right, i guess i can send it back.

That sucks. Check with IOR - provided you don't mind a steel one-piece base. The rear of their base had three holes in it so it would fit either the 0.44 or 0.33" receiver spacing. Mine was 20 moa. It worked fine. Only reason I sold it was to go with a lightweight aluminum one-piece base.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.