winchester picatinny mounts

jwp475--I emailed NF before I ordered the base and now today I get an email from NF stating that they do NOT have a base that will fit the Winchester express magnum action with the .330 rear hole spacing. O well it will be here in two days-if its not right, i guess i can send it back.

The base that I have does indeed have 3 holes. Let me know when you get your base if it is the same as mine, please

Thanks

jwp475, Here is the email I got from NF: Scott,

Thank you for your interest in Nightforce Optics.

We offer bases for Winchester model 70's in the following configurations, Short Action, Short Mag, and Long Action. I believe that the Express action has a slightly different spacing that makes it non-interchangeable with our Long action base.

I did call up Winchester and this is not a base we make.

Sorry for the bad news, try Warne Scope mounts as they offer many bases we do not.

Regards,
Ken

I got my NF base today from Optic plant and It DOES have the 3 holes just as yours!! It does fit the rifle too. NF doesn't know their own products very well.

Thanks for your help.

Good deal and good to know of at least this additional option for the "Express" M70 actions.

Paul,

just got it on and it works great. The first of the 3 holes in the back, just off the action, in the edge of the port opening. I see why you went with the lighter base, the steel is heavier than you would think.

You know I wrote an email to Optics Planet, with that part number.
This is their response.

John,

The 7mm STW is a Weatherby Magnum action.

The .330 rear mount hole spacing is used for .458 Win, .416 Rem, .375 H&H,
.300 Weatherby, .300 H&H magnums and your 7mm STW.

Leupold makes the 49835
http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-quick-release-weaver-style-two-piece-qrw
-bases.html

What do you think of that?

jwp475, Here is the email I got from NF: Scott,

Thank you for your interest in Nightforce Optics.

We offer bases for Winchester model 70's in the following configurations, Short Action, Short Mag, and Long Action. I believe that the Express action has a slightly different spacing that makes it non-interchangeable with our Long action base.

I did call up Winchester and this is not a base we make.

Sorry for the bad news, try Warne Scope mounts as they offer many bases we do not.

Regards,
Ken

I got my NF base today from Optic plant and It DOES have the 3 holes just as yours!! It does fit the rifle too. NF doesn't know their own products very well.

Thanks for your help.

You are very welcome

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts