Winchester Model 70 Manners eh3?

CrowsFoot

Say a guy had a mod 70...post 64 wsm action laying around. I have been told these make a nice candidate for a 6.5 prc build and like the idea of an eh3 for a light to mid weight sporter style hunting rifle. Any input would be appreciated.

I have 2 eh3 stocks one on win mod 70 280ai and the other 6.5 saum, I really like that stock it's very versatile, meaning carry gun, blind gun, tree stand and finally long range. It works well in all those situations. You won't be disappointed with that stock it just feels good.
Elmer

I have 2 eh3 stocks one on win mod 70 280ai and the other 6.5 saum, I really like that stock it's very versatile, meaning carry gun, blind gun, tree stand and finally long range. It works well in all those situations. You won't be disappointed with that stock it just feels good.
Elmer
Thank you very much for your reply...for all my searching I had never found any pictures or someone who had done it on a model 70 action and thought it would be a good fit for an all around build just like you described. Curious as to what barrel contour your using on your rifles with that stock and bottom metal?

Hi, for the win 70 I am using CDI DBM and for my Rem 700 I am using the PTG M5 DBM. I went with dBm and mags for quickness in reloading on running animals lol as I hunt in Sask and sometimes we had to load real fast when we were doing our morning drive and seen a shooter buck, it didn't happen often but when it did you needed mags to be legal and safe getting in and out of the truck.
As for barrel contour I use #1 or #2 max at 24" as we do lots of walking on some days to get to our stands or just sneak around the pockets of bush in those big fields. This year I took a nice 4x4 in Manitoba at 675 yards with the saum so the barrel contours work for longrange and are lighter than 4 or 5 even a 3 i find heavy for walking a ways.
Elmer

Elmer
Could you post a picture of your EH3 with the Model 70 Action showing a close up of the tang area.

m70 WSM post 64 manners EH 2 6.5saum
31CCB41C-4067-464D-B5F5-C04CE634E48E.jpeg

D2C86983-D2A9-4CAF-B781-711D8C0915F2.jpeg

0131E89B-42D1-4978-B7BE-74B18F651DCC.jpeg

I went back and forth on the EH3 and McMillan HTG. I dont like the palm swell as much for a hunting rifle. I ended up with a HTG and adjustable cheakpiece since I found a new used one in the classifieds.

20190830_132923.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts