Winchester model 70 featherweight stainless 300 wsm

Sneuses

Looking for information on how a SS barrel will hold up compared to the carbon steel typically used. I believe the weapon was started being manufactured in 2005 by winchester but am unsure when it was discontinued any information on that would be good as well. If anyone owns that particular weapon there thoughts on its performance would be appreciated as well.

Tanx
Steve

Looking for information on how a SS barrel will hold up compared to the carbon steel typically used. I believe the weapon was started being manufactured in 2005 by winchester but am unsure when it was discontinued any information on that would be good as well. If anyone owns that particular weapon there thoughts on its performance would be appreciated as well.

Tanx
Steve

I have the blued version. If you don't like it, I will trade you for the stainless action. I just bought a stainless barrel. :rolleyes:

You get longer barrel life from stainless. Which isn't what I'm going for, I just really like the look of it with the stainless, fluted, Palma barrel.

The didn't discontinue the stainless so much as they havnt made a run of them and don't plan to do it for a while. They will surface again in a few years, I'm sure.

Let me know about that action trade ;)

Last edited:
Just for the heck of it what type of shot groups are you getting and what range? Type of shell did the gun like? All info is more than what I have.

Tanx
Steve

I could shoot a cloverleaf at 100 with most of the bullets I have used. Sierra bullets mainly.

I have done a lot of work to mine though. I pillar and epoxy bedded it, then floated the barrel out. I put a 1# Timney trigger on it as well.

The factory bedding was not good enough to make the rifle shoot as I described.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts