Winchester m70

The MOA trigger is useless. My problem is I bought an XPR with MOA trigger and it's not the same as the M70 trigger. Three gunsmiths refused to work on it to reduce trigger pull weight and there are no after market options.
Timney and Jard both make replacement triggers for the Model 70 MOA Trigger.....I put a Timney on one yesterday and replaced another a couple of months ago!

The MOA trigger is useless. My problem is I bought an XPR with MOA trigger and it's not the same as the M70 trigger. Three gunsmiths refused to work on it to reduce trigger pull weight and there are no after market options.
Speaking of the xpr, and their moa trigger. My 350 legend shoots insanely accurate. The pic shows a 3 shot group of federal 180 grain factory shot at 100 yards. Shute, I don't think I'll even reload the way it shoots, and this is straight out of the box. 20200529_194027.jpg

Mine went to 3 lbs. if you want lighter you can buy a spring from Ernie the gunsmith for like 5$. If 2-2.5 lbs isn't low enough Romney makes a drop in 🤷🏻‍♂️

This post just re-affirms why I am so bummed out about my Supergrade.... your results are similar to the accuracy I had with my old New Haven featherweight, and clearly they can still make good ones based on your results and I just got a dud. Factory ammo (multiple different flavors of Norma PH was in the 2.5-4" range for 5 shot groups for me).
I have posted this elsewhere, in fact just now on the Bergara thread. I bought a gorgeous Super Grade 300 WM early 1990s. Not horrible, but 2-2 1/2 groups. Turned out action and barrel were slightly misaligned. How much could it possibly cost to test shoot a rifle? Several AR companies do, and I know all my SIG pistols have signs of being test fired. I want one of the new Maple stock Super Grades, just don't want to take a chance.

I have posted this elsewhere, in fact just now on the Bergara thread. I bought a gorgeous Super Grade 300 WM early 1990s. Not horrible, but 2-2 1/2 groups. Turned out action and barrel were slightly misaligned. How much could it possibly cost to test shoot a rifle? Several AR companies do, and I know all my SIG pistols have signs of being test fired. I want one of the new Maple stock Super Grades, just don't want to take a chance.

Go ahead and jump in flyguy1. Couldn't be any worse than the fiasco I've had with my M70.

Hey all you guys with the horrible Super Grades, I buy anyone for $500 to free you from your suffering.

One of mine --- shoots sub MOA.

View attachment 196755
Since Kirby fixed mine for $1000 I'll pass. I'll probably give it to my SIL who will probably ruin it by overcleaning. I keep telling him this is not Iraq and we have snow in hunting season, not sand, and we're not firing full auto 😂

What is your pull weight?

I own 3 Model 70'S with the MOA trigger. i am not a gunsmith yet I have adjusted all to a pull rate of around 3lbs. One, the 308 has a pull of under 3. This is about as low as you can achieve. If you want to go lower you will have to change triggers.Mine are hunting rifles 400 yds or less so i am happy with the triggers. This is my latest a 6.5 Ceeedmoor Featherweight. Maybe my favorite.

Attachments

• 20200605_120049.jpg
    20200605_120049.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.