Winchester extreme point

I took a doe the other day with a Winchester extreme point. The rifle was a 308 win. the bullet 150 grain shot was about 100 yards frontal just right of the left shoulder about where the neck meets the body. The doe did not go anywhere drt. The bullet came apart I kind of expect with these kind of bullets. I found the jacket but not core.

I shot a Sambar hind on the point of the shoulder at 10yrds with a 180gr Winchester Power Point from a 24" barreled 300WM...it made a 6" wide by 2" deep crater, deer did NOT die, my buddy had to shoot it with his 30-06 from 15yrds and it dropped on the spot. We couldn't even find fragments from that bullet I fired.
I used the rest of those plinking, never tried to shoot game with them ever again.
Shot a fallow deer with Winchesters 115gr Expanding Point outta my 25-06, it didn't make the hide on the other side, bullet was found on the inside of a rib, a lot of damage to the lungs but retained only 30% of it's weight.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Use them out of a 270 and once out of a 7 mag on whitetails. Definitely expand and rapid at that. Only thing I will shoot out of the 270 for deer. That bullet will ruin shoulders if it isn't placed in the right spot.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.