Winchester Coyote Lite?

texan79

Looking at this gun in a 300 wsm, and I cant seem to find any reviews on the new FN made model. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? Ive been pleased with all my mod 70's, but they are all Newhaven, CT guns. Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Lots of experience with the regular Model-70 and Model-70 coyote, but have not been able to play with the new F.N. made Coyote light. I want one tho. Ive seen them. Im a traditional blued and wood fan, but that Coyote light rocked! If its anything like the ''old'' coyote its a WINNER, right out of the box.

I have had this gun in the 300 wsm for two seasons now hunting whitetail deer in Wisconsin. The pros for me on the gun is it's accuracy. I shoot 165 grain GMX bullets with IMR 4350 powder. At a 100 yards I can group under a inch. I have a 3 to 14 power VXL scope on it, so I spent just as much for the scope as the gun. Cons are the weight. To me it's not a all day carry gun. It's a stand gun only with a good rest , strictly my opinion. I prefer my lightweight Kimber for driving deer and my Winchester for the deer stand. I love the gun when on stand. I only shot one deer with it so far, and it dropped right in it's tracks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.