Winchester 94 help/info

dude5000

I hope I posted this in the correct section.

I was hoping to get some info on this Winchester 94-30 wcf

From what I can tell it's manufactured in about 1944. What would it be worth?

Attachments

• 520A0A11-C7B0-49BC-9A40-7C892D313413.jpeg
    520A0A11-C7B0-49BC-9A40-7C892D313413.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
  • 6D884989-81D6-4E9D-81CC-DE3BD963163F.jpeg
    6D884989-81D6-4E9D-81CC-DE3BD963163F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 118
  • 119057A2-9605-4D46-9330-89C0051A8746.jpeg
    119057A2-9605-4D46-9330-89C0051A8746.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
  • FC65C990-C9AA-4428-B67A-22AE1F983D1B.jpeg
    FC65C990-C9AA-4428-B67A-22AE1F983D1B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 113

I have a pretty much minty Win 94 .30 WCF made in 1942 (also known as the WWII Win 94s) of which not many were civilian sales. I was at the range one day where a guy asked if I would sell, I said no thanks, I wasn't interested at the time and still aren't. He started at 1k (some cash some trade) I guess he liked old WWII Winchesters, it is a pretty nice rifle. I shot my biggest ever Idaho Whitetail with it. You might look up Blue Book of Gun Values, but don't believe everything you read, book and street values can be way different. Good luck, CHeers

M94 30 30 year 1942 - Copy.jpg

I'm not an expert, and I cannot clearly tell from your photos, but at least one screw head is goobered and the bluing patina and stock finish both look off compared to my 1951 '94 30-30. Was it refinished? If so, that seriously reduced it's value as a collector gun.
I am likely wrong, as photos rarely do justice as far as accurate representation of a firearm and its condition.
All that said, the above references are useful.

are u thinking of selling it or buying it? Or perhaps you've already bought it?

I'm not an expert, and I cannot clearly tell from your photos, but at least one screw head is goobered and the bluing patina and stock finish both look off compared to my 1951 '94 30-30. Was it refinished? If so, that seriously reduced it's value as a collector gun.
I am likely wrong, as photos rarely do justice as far as accurate representation of a firearm and its condition.
All that said, the above references are useful.
I agree; the heads of the rear and far front screws in the photo do look like they may have been damaged, perhaps Dude5000 could let us know. Personally, I don't think it has been refinished. Cheers

I agree; the heads of the rear and far front screws in the photo do look like they may have been damaged, perhaps Dude5000 could let us know. Personally, I don't think it has been refinished. Cheers
Glad to read that, and that my mind is not 'seeing things.' To me, the dings in the receiver body and the hammer indicate a well used rifle, which *should* then have that bare metal / blue to soft gray/blue finish like I see on my '94.

Glad to read that, and that my mind is not 'seeing things.' To me, the dings in the receiver body and the hammer indicate a well used rifle, which *should* then have that bare metal / blue to soft gray/blue finish like I see on my '94.
Well, kinda red-faced here, I just went out to my gun safe and pulled my 1942 .30 WCF 94 out, and bam! those rear and far front screws, what I thought were screws, are correct, they are pins, not screws, as for the wear on the hammer, I think we'd need to see the other side as well to take a guess on its usage or lack of... Darn hate being wrong because I'm too lazy to walk out and check. 🤔 😂 Cheers

Th
Well, kinda red-faced here, I just went out to my gun safe and pulled my 1942 .30 WCF 94 out, and bam! those rear and far front screws, what I thought were screws, are correct, they are pins, not screws, as for the wear on the hammer, I think we'd need to see the other side as well to take a guess on its usage or lack of... Darn hate being wrong because I'm too lazy to walk out and check. 🤔 😂 Cheers
Thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken😁

FWIW and might not be any help.
But 5 years I bought two LNIB and one 90%+ Marlin JM stamped 336c's in 35 Remington for my sons and I to deer hunt with in IN as they were a cheaper alternative to a 20ga slug rifle and I could reload the ammo. Bought all off Gunbroker and Paid and average of $545 each TMD for them.

I could now easily get closer to $900 then $850 for them as they are still in the same shape as I bought them as IN legalized 30 caliber's for hunting and my boys preferred using my 30 cal bolt rifles (all stainless or blued with synthetic stocks) to hunt with instead. So they essentially doubled in value in less than 6 years.

They are absolutely beautiful rifles with gorgeous black walnut furniture superbly well done checkering and deep flawless bluing. My most beautiful rifles I have ever owned by far.
But what surprised me the most about all three rifles was their accuracy.
They all are under 2" 3 shot groups at 100 no matter what reload I put through them. But when I found the one they liked most they all are honest 1.25-1.3" 100 yard guns. Shot well with H335 but really shined when I used IMR3031.

I'm guessing if in good to VG shape you need to market them to the type of buyers that want them the most and at the least they should bring considerably more than my JM stamped Marlin's. People who want to buy lever action rifles especially vintage made in USA Winchester model 94's are a looking to buy a firearm that there is a definite finite supply of them. I would research their value as toughly as possible before I even considered listing them for sale.