• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Winchester 70 stock varmint contour

toptom60

I recently put a bartlein #4 carbon fiber barrel on a push feed model 70 chambered in 30-06. Don't like how much of the barrel channel I am going to have to take out to get a good free float so was just seeing if anyone had a model 70 long action laying around with a bigger barrel channel. Next best thing I know to do is order a McMillan and wait.

My ad... measures 13/16" at 10 5/8 from the face of the action. Accepts one or two piece bottom metal configurations.

TomTom, I took a M70 extreme weather LA and had it built to my 6.5PRC w/ #4 Bartlein. Factory stock is B&C sporter channeled out. Works, shoots, and looks great. If you have a factory wood stock, I would consider 8x68s stock for sure. Very good price and you can paint it tan or drab green if you don't like the camo job. PM me if you want to see pics of it. My 264WM is identical except 3B contour. Both shoot sub half MOA.