Winchester 70 post 64 ejector

The blade ejector binding up from being dirty is quite common.
I would remove the action from the stock, remove the firing pin assembly and clean firing pin assembly and bolt internals, the trigger assembly, ejector and raceways with carbie cleaner, brake cleaner or similar, blow it out with compressed air, if you have it, and work that blade ejector back and forth quite a few times. When you dab a tiny amount of oil in there and work it back and forth again, see if any black comes out…if it does, keep cleaning.
I pay particular attention to the blade ejector, sear pivot and trigger assembly. All of these can pose problems if left dirty.
You didn't say if it has the old style trigger or the MOA trigger, either way, keep it clean and only very lightly lubed. Too much lube just attracts and accumulates dust and dirt.

Cheers.

The blade ejector binding up from being dirty is quite common.
I would remove the action from the stock, remove the firing pin assembly and clean firing pin assembly and bolt internals, the trigger assembly, ejector and raceways with carbie cleaner, brake cleaner or similar, blow it out with compressed air, if you have it, and work that blade ejector back and forth quite a few times. When you dab a tiny amount of oil in there and work it back and forth again, see if any black comes out…if it does, keep cleaning.
I pay particular attention to the blade ejector, sear pivot and trigger assembly. All of these can pose problems if left dirty.
You didn't say if it has the old style trigger or the MOA trigger, either way, keep it clean and only very lightly lubed. Too much lube just attracts and accumulates dust and dirt.

Cheers.
I'd say old style trigger the action is pushing 20 years old now

If the old style trigger, then clean everything with carbie cleaner and re-oil lightly.
I have a Classic Stainless in 375 Weatherby, during a water buff hunt, everything got covered in Bulldust, a very fine, almost talc like, red dirt here in Australia. Just as I fired and racked the bolt for the second shot, the sear dropped down and stayed down, letting the firing pin fall on a loaded round and not cocking…
Bull dropped just as my buddy shot him under the chin with my 416 Rigby, it happened so fast and close I didn't even have time to poop my pants! It fell just 3 paces from me! To this day, we don't know if he dropped from the shot or not cuz what I saw was it dropped and then boom, but he says it was boom then dropped.
Anyway, it was the Bulldust that caused the malfunction, not the rifle. I used to use a bit too much oil back then, now I use very little, just a misting of oil.

Cheers.

Coldfinger, have you discovered the issue yet?
Hope it's back to functioning as it should.

Cheers.
Yes it seemed to be my cleaning solvent had turned into a thick slime. I had some in a small container exposed to air I forgot about and it was jellied. I finally bought a bore guide to use. Thanks for all the responses. I wouldn't have thought it would jelly up so bad.