Winchester 25 WSSM Cartridges Free

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I have always liked the 257 Roberts for deer hunting. My wife-Jill and I were doing a hunt in South Africa for plains game animals and I bought her a Model 70 Ultimate Shadow 25 WSSM with the expectations of having the same or better ballistics as a 25/06. This cartridge being able to take most plains game in Africa and deer sized in the Americas. I figured that if I got it for her "I would also be able to use it for myself - coyote hunting". A double treat. Having a wife that hunts and shoots is great. Every time I want a new firearm I just buy it for Jill. Then she is happy and I get a new toy. Unfortunately, the Model 70 Ultimate Shadow that I bought started to spray bullets all over at 100yds. I sent it back to Winchester (now owned by Browning) and they kept the rifle - would not send it back stating that it was a safety issue and they were no longer manufacturing this model 70 in 25WSSM. Found out later that there was a labor dispute in Winchester and "Rumors" said employees scored barrels. Not saying anything true about that, but Browning confirmed that there was an issue with the barrel. Needless to say, I was Pi**ed. Browning said they would replace with any other caliber in an "A Bolt", but not the rifle I sent back. I didn't want an A Bolt so they told me they would pay me wholesale price. This was much less so I sent them my sales receipt, but they would not pay for shipping/FFL/Tax. Took a loss! Then I took the money and bought Jill a Kimber Montana 8400 SS Fiber Stock in 270 WSM. Weighs under 7#s. I tuned it up and it shoots <1/2" moa. Put a 20MOA rail, GG&G Quick Detach Mounts, Leupold VXIII 4.5X15 that I had Leupold Custom Shop put M-1 elevation/windage turrents with fine duplex reticle on. Super light pack rifle with a big punch. Long story. I have a box of WINCHESTER 25 WSSM 110gr AccBond (17 loaded) that I am willing to give to a hunter that has this caliber. I know that these cartridges are rare and want someone to use them to harvest a nice buck or other animals. I live in mid to north east Georgia so if anyone is traveling out this way, I could meet them and give them these cartridges for FREE. Not much, but there is not a lot of these cartridges around. I wish I could have had a rifle to shoot these. I think the concept for this cartridge was very good, but like many cartridges it faded away. Text me at 678 four two seven 6168. Thanks Len

Attachments

• 25 WSSM.jpg
    25 WSSM.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 147
I had some people asking me to ship them. If someone can tell me how to do it legally I would ship, but from my understanding I would have to have a license (which I don't have) to ship loaded cartridges/powder. Would be glad to give these to someone if they are in the area, I could with them, I live in Social Circle, GA.

You can't ship primers or powder unless you a "Certified Licensed Hazmat Shipper" there is a substantial cost and training assoicated to get certified. Don't take the chance and ship something that you will regret for a long time. You can ship "Loaded Cartidges - Ammunition" by UPS guidlines see the link attached. I am going to UPS tomorrow to send some 25WSSM cartridges to a fellow LRH for his daughter.

Shipping Ammunition: UPS - United States

UPS accepts for transportation such ammunition as constitutes 'cartridges, small arms,' as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59.
www.ups.com

I packaged the 25wssm cartridges per UPS instructions with the 4" Diamond label, shipping label and in the process of taking to UPS store to send to a fellow LRH. Glad I was interacting with fellow LRH people about shipping Ammunition, Primers, and Powder. Now I know what I can and can't do legally with some reasearch and information on this site.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.