WIN MODEL 70 LAREDO vs rem sendero

roninflag

i have a couple senderos. has anyone tried the laredo?? how do they compare?? roninflag

[ QUOTE ]
i have a couple Senderos. has anyone tried the Laredo?? how do they compare?? roninflag

[/ QUOTE ]

The Larados are excellent rifles, but they have been off the market for a number of years, so check the throat on a used one if you can find one. I remember when they were discontinued, and one of the wholesalers had the 300Win Mag Larados for $400 out the door. I was a day late /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I got mine in 300 Win Mag. I like the stock profile better than a Sendero.

Picture027.jpg

The first ten shot during barrel break-in @ 100 yards
Picture009.jpg

Yeah, Jupiter and Mars lined-up when this rifle was built. Everything on this rifle indicated that it should never shoot they way it did, like an off center firing pen, bolt cone touching the right side of the barrel, right lug barely contacting the receiver abutement, and on top of that-very sloppy chambering. But then again, you can't argue the result. Killed two deer beyond 600 yards with this rifle.

Here's some more 100 yard 3 shot group (top two target)

Picture010.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.