• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Win 70 QUESTION????

forkliftfred

This is probably the wrong place for this but I didn't know where it belongs. I just purchased a new Winchester 70 Featherweight SS in .243. checkered walnut stock. It is a CRF action with MOA trigger. It is marked Olin and made in Ogden Utah. I thought they were made in S.C. now and made by FN. I spent 2 hours on line last night trying to find info on this and didn't come up with much. Can anyone help??? Thanks and sorry about posting in the wrong area.

Last edited:
My understanding is Olin Corp. owns the Winchester name, and currently has licensed the trademark to Browning Arms Co (BACO)/ Winchester. I don't believe US Repeating Arms exists anymore. BACO has the M70's contracted to FN in the SC plant. They are FN guns, but wear the BACO markings. They are fine looking rifles, but I have a hard time swallowing the stampings on them, call me a Winchester Purist.

Maybe a mod will move this to the Rifles Board.

Oh, almost forgot, there were some Model 70's built by Browning from the left over parts when the New Haven plant closed. I don't know the complete story on these, but CDNN seems to get these 'oddball' guns in from time to time. Some guns even were Belgium built.

What You're saying is pretty much as I understod it to be but this rifle is made in Ogden. Nothing wrong with it, I just didn't expect that. Guess where I bought it, CDNN. Thanks, Fred.

Not a Classic although that would be ok. It has the MOA trigger which I think is only on current production guns.