Wilson barrels

Rebarreled my .338 RUM with one in December (I believe). I have put a couple hundred rounds through it trying to find acceptable accuracy of under 1 moa, as 1 1/4 is what it seems to shoot basically every combo. Just ran some Hammer bullets through it and the groups shrank consistently to 3/4 moa.
I got this one because it was the only .338 barrel I could find in stock in the contour I wanted. Will I get another...probably not. Or maybe I got a "bad" one.

Every Cooper rifle has a Wilson barrel on it, and every steel barreled Best of the West rifle has a Wilson on it. I've had 2, both in 6.5 , both ended up as 264 win mags, they both shoot great. The Smith was surprised at how nice they looked through the bore scope. I got these 2 for free, but I would definitely buy one for another project.

Cooper is owned by Wilson barrel. I have one on my 6.5x284. It's going on eight years old, near 1000 rounds and has proven to be excellent....one of the most consistent barrels I've owned.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.