Will your next rifle scope be MOA or MIL? **OLD POLL**

Will your next rifle scope be MOA or MIL?

• MOA

Votes: 1,135 68.6%
  • MIL

Votes: 519 31.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mil Is not really metric. A milrad is a fraction of a circle. 360 milradians per 360 degrees. I have two scopes in mils and the math is easier because its broken down in tens,similar to metric. scope is in .1 mil clicks. As long as the reticle matches the turrets either way is ok. Mil reticle and moa turrets is useless. The G-7 range finder is only in moa. That is a drawback,and why I wont pay 1600 for it. The new bushnell one mile with conx looks good. It does mil and moa.

I prefer MOA for LR Hunting. The hardest thing when sizing up a trophy animal from distance is trying to ascertain the width and height of the animal. I find MOA a more direct less cumbersome method using the scopes hash marks to figure appr. trophy quality. You already have the range lasered anyway so the math is easy(800 yds. 3 MOA wide = 24 inches spread etc.) . That being said I prefer mils for tactical and Precision rifle for the faster rounding in the mil format. Also mils are a little easier for shooting leads on moving targets. Most of the tactical guys use mils. I don't have any problem using either and am anxiously awaiting the G7 BR2 in multi format. Just my two cents, dont think either one is over and above the other. Some people struggle with this but they are just angular units of measure. Use what works in the situation or for you.gun)

For short range rifles (400 yards and under) likely to be ? reticle/MOA turrets, SFP since this type is much more commonly available in the US. Not fast and accurate to adjust so holdovers apply here, as does Kentucky windage.
MIL reticle/MIL turrets, FFP only for any precise medium to long range rifle (400 yards and up) needing very, very accurate field correction for range and windage.

Mils...

I like working in tenths. Smaller numbers are easier to remember if there is no time to wait for a solution.

I have reconsidered. I first chose .1mil clicks because I like using mil dots.
Since that choice I have seen a reticle with 2 min dot spacing and .25min clicks.
Since the 2 min dot spacing is slightly finer than mil spacing's I would actually prefer that system with min/min. I could be happy with either as long as they are mil/mil or min/min.
Having a mil reticle with min clicks drives me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.