Will we ever see powders again?

It's 1859 and if sleepy Joe and his pals get in, it will be 1861.

Oh, I thought it would be 1984. Wait! It already is!

Anyway, I was thinking about some of the stuff I wanna grab at one of the better shops locally. Varget, CCI 450's, a pound of Unique and some 158 grain JHPs to name a few!

As if things weren't bad enough !
I was at my supplier today as he called me to tell that he had received some Berry's bullets in 9 mm (obviously for target work with a semi automatic pistol ) and to hurry over and pick them up.
When I got to his shop I was not surprised to see that his shelves were low but that he did not have a single primer for sale. That included small pistol and rifle, large pistol and rifle, small rifle, large rifle magnum primers in the aforementioned items.
What I was told was that due to the Covid 19 pandemic (ALL PRIMER MANAFACTURERS WERE SHUT DOWN INDEFINITELY)
All manufactures have ceased production !

Who ever would have thunk ?
well shoot, what are the military and police gonna do without primers or ammo?

from my understanding it was just Fiocchi --from the below quote it sounds like federal/cci are still going strong--sounds like possibly an uninformed "panic" statement

"Update on price changes due to corona virus and Fiocchi factory shut down. There is currently a national shortage of primers. Domestic manufacturers of primer and powder are full capacity filling DHS orders. Ports are shut down across the globe and raw materials have sky rocketed. Federal CCI has given us November for back order for primers"

the increased bulk buying, plus the panic buying from the cv-19 pandemic and all the riots are causing unprecedented buying and hording of guns, ammo, power, primers, and bullets ---you think it's bad now--just wait till November

If you have been around this for a while you should have seen this coming-- after the whole Obamma scare I knew it would happen again given the right situation. Next will be the scalpers trying to sell bullets, components and firearms for 4x the regular cost.

back during the Obama scare/panic buying days I had to wait sometimes for 9 months on a back order list for primers, powders, and bullets ---history repeats itself if we pay attention we can learn from it

Get on a back order list now for what you need for the next few years, it will eventually show up-- and things will eventually slow back down and prices will stabilize.

I think I'm pretty well stocked as far as powder goes. Couple years ago stocked up on primers and powders along with bulk ammo of 5.56 and blackout. Just got couple pounds of Varget in today with same lot numbers and got too many others to list. Heading out to range tomorrow for ladder testing of my 6.5x284. Trying some Berger 130s and Woodleigh 140s.

Yeah...i messed with my scope other day....went to range today and shot up the remnants of my 2nd loads...100yds
Shot three right...over adjusted and shot left....
Then finished up with 5 shots on Orange....makes a person feel good.....was kind a fast shooting....back started burning thru the shirt at 730am........

There are no pistol bullets either 9mm cast bullets are sold out guess I'm going to have to order a bullet casting set from lyman.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.