Will we ever see powders again?

No. I think they order in large batches and ship from overseas. This means when there's a run on the product it doesn't take many surplus sales to run us out of gun powder.....not unlike toilet paper.

Now, what will folks do with hoarded r26 when they find out it doesn't work in 9mm or 5.56??

Seems like just about everything is gone. Has demand really exploded that much ??
Yes certain powders are as everyone on most of these forums knows the long range game has Really grown in the last five years or so and that's good for our sport but it does come with some growing pains

Last edited:
Believe it or not there are powders other than RL 25/26 that will work in magnum cartridges.

All the ones I have used for decades are available at Powder Valley.

4831SC, H 869, 4350, 4381, 7828SSC, all Norma, all Ramshot, all Shooters World, most VVs, WRA staball. Of you can't get buy with these, you a'int trying !

There has been a run on components since the pandemic broke out. With the Dems getting a better chance at the WH there will be a run on everything firearm related.

Find a online business that deals a lot in what your looking for and get your name on a waiting list. I did this with Powder Valley a few months ago to get some Varget.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.