Will the madness ever end?!?!

threejones

I was at the gun shop yesterday and a complete stranger overheard me talking about my little RRA Coyote Carbine (stock upper, lower with some basic goodies) He approached me in the parking lot and offered me $2500 with the glass or $2000 w/o. I've got maybe $800 into the rifle and $350 for the glass. It's just a beater truck gun, and I've abused it badly... very badly. After telling him I'd think about it and taking his # I got to thinking. How long is this maddness going to last? I've been asking everyones opinion on the matter. My answers have varried from a month or two more, to indeffinately. Looks like the legislation won't pass, but they can just change the wording of the old assault weapon ban by executive order... and we're all screwed. I know there's some folks around here that are in-the-know. So I'd like to hear what your thoughts are.

(On a side note, my RRA is still behind the seat of the pickup, where it will stay, until it's taken out of my cold dead hand... next to a big pile of brass:D)

It will end if this latest threat is killed. Most people, the average person shopping for one right now will go back to sleep. The whole process will start back up very soon with the next mention of an assault on freedom. Which is already being planned weather this one stands or falls in january or the next one stands or falls in march. Make no mistake the people that did not get one last time it dropped off, will stop worrying again and panic again next time it comes up. Panic and procrastination go hand in hand.

I don't see the current panic buying spree slowing down any time soon. Try to find/buy any 30rd Pmags if you really want a laugh. People are selling them for upwards of $75 a piece.

Now all the ammo and reloading supplies around me are gone again. The last time (2008), it took around a year to slow down.

sell it!!!! Then PM me I have some spare parts build your own the way you want.

john
Tempting, but replacing the lower scares me too much. If you happen to have a lower that you'll sell for the $100 I payed for this one, let's do it! But, I was looking for a new lower for a Grendel build when this whole nightmare started. Now I can't find one anywhere (without being edit tt on the price). Let's all just hope that people start standing up for their rights before it's too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for tip - just ordered two stripped lowers for my daughter and I for new builds...now we will see how long it will take!
Donna

Threejones strange coincedence I turned down $2000 for my RRA coyote rifle two weeks ago. People are nuts. I just bought 3, 30round Pmags for my nephew this morning and only paid $20.00 apiece I could of also bought a new Bushmaster for the price they were being sold for before all the BS started.

Some of these people are crazy for sure. Had local shop taking new AR's off the wall to put on gun broker and stiffing their customers. Bad business. Same guys had what he said was a CCMG AR. I took a look. It was a parted up gun with a CCMG lower and a magpul stock that was almost falling apart. Every pin hole in the lower had gouges around them from somebody trying to drive them out and was badly scratched. He said the price was $1680. He must have read the look on my face and mentioned that was the price they were selling for these days. I just said not to this guy and walked. I hope it will calm down again. I was just getting ready to put some money towards one when all this hit. I just hope people will remember the dealers that treated them right when it does blow over.

Truth be told I can't blame the dealers for raising prices given the demand. The dealers that don't will just be suppling scalpers anyway. There is nothing greedy about selling stuff for more than it cost you or selling stuff because demand is high but there is something foolish in waiting for the rain to go buy an umbrella.

Just sad when there are guys crowding the counters and you are pulling stock to sell online. Nothing wrong with making your money but not even giving your local customer a shot is just not cool. Personally I'm not all that worried about getting one. I've had one before. Shot them in the service. It's fun. I probably would have just shot a couple fun matches once in a while. I can wait until stuff calms a little. I've got plenty of other fire power sitting around.

My buddy that owns a tactical shop sold over 60 AR's he had in stock. Forty of them were sold in one weekend, also all his hi cap mags. His store has almost nothing in it now, anything tactical is gone! When he does get an AR rifle in, it's sold immediately! All other stores in our city are in the exact same condition as well, nothing to include area Walmarts!

It's very crazy and I for one don't see an end anytime soon! Infact, it could get much worse depending on what Obama does!!!

Just sad when there are guys crowding the counters and you are pulling stock to sell online. Nothing wrong with making your money but not even giving your local customer a shot is just not cool.
This won't be popular! The "global ecomony" (supply and demand) is good when it drives prices down (down to the point that only the largest companies can profit), but, not good when supply is low and prices go up? I sold some "across the counter",,,,, 'til I got tired of hearing the buyers (talking among themselves) say how much they're gonna' make, re-selling the stuff they were buying from me, on-line! I'm with another, who posts regular on this forum, "You had 8 years to get what you wanted!" (after the "assault" weapons ban expired). You've had another 2 1/2 to 3 years since the last 'mad rush' to get what you wanted....... The local guys "crowding the counter" still have a shot, but on "the global market". "What's good for the goose is good for the gander." (because we're talking firearms related it's a "nation wide market")

Plus one on that. Supply and demand should be key driving forces and happy for the gun shops that made some extra money on this one. Just hoping supply catches back up soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.