Will the Corona Virus impact your hunting plans next fall?

I agree 100% with that. However, I do believe at some point we will all contract the virus no matter how careful we are. I believe the big question is, who will survive it and who won't.

The secondary factor in that presumption is, how fast can an immunization regimen be developed. I keep hearing that 'they' are working tirelessly on just that but it takes 'time'. Time isn't on our side right now. Scrap all the red tape and 'exhaustive' clinical trials and fast track the immunization regimen. The entire world's population is at stake here. Not just here in this country, in every country, everywhere.

Heck of a population control medium.

If you cannot find TP, we have plenty of shelled corn cobs here....:D

Might be a little rough on the bum however.....
more numbers --- IF we were to ALL catch CV ( which right now is showing roughly a 3.5-4 % death rate) -- there theoretically would be about 300M dead people out of 7.5B people in this world --- the "horrible" small pox virus death rate was 30% and killed roughly 300M people in the entire 20th century -- more people in this world today than before with faster transmission rates due to ease and availability of world travel makes this something to pay attention to in my eyes

well, this meme might not be relevant anymore
1584043487892.png

Just heard that both Princess and Viking cruise lines have cancelled all cruises for a few months until further details of coivd-19 have been able to be analized

Covid-19 getting analized?! Hell yeah our government it finally tearing into it!

My Argentina Dove/Stag hunt got cancelled (was supposed to leave Tuesday).
What a bummer, we've been planning, saving and anticipating this all year.

If the fact that Italy locked down an entire country doesn't get your attention then I don't know what will. The hospitalization rate with this virus is 10%. If it spreads too fast our healthcare system will get overwhelmed. Like Italys. This is what has the authorities spooked. There is just not enough Icu, bed capacity to treat all the sick people. The other side of the coin is the economic impact it will cause. Hopefully the cure won't be worse than the disease.

Won't change my plans to hunt. But I only hunt 15-20 mins from my house. Hopefully the tresspassing out of area hunters on the property next to ours get scared though.

I agree that it is important to slow the spread of the virus so that we do not overwhelm our hospital system. That said I think the media has done a marvelous job of creating a hysteria for political motives. At this point compared to the other pandemics that hit us in the recent past, swine and bird flue, there was little to no media coverage and they were every bit as bad. There was a democrat admin at that time that was trying to pass universal health care.

It seems from the reporting that I have seen, that most people that get the virus don't ever know that they are sick. Many others have mild flue symptoms. A small percentage get very sick. I have a feeling that it has been here for a lot longer that we think. Like since last fall. I think it will infect most of us. ~98% chance that I whip this no sweat. I like my odds. If my 95 year old grandmother gets it that will probably be a diff story. I'm not sure she would survive the flu either.

Should we be shutting down our economic system? I don't think so. Welcome to the New Green Deal.

No hunting plan changes for me this year as everything is in driving range.
On the corona virus front . I was looking at a world map and there is currently very little virus in the equatorial areas. I hope that means it will fade as the northern hemisphere transitions to summer like most flu viruses. Truth is nobody knows so make sure your shooting positions are 6 feet apart.:):):)
The US already had 10,000 deaths from influenza this season before the press sensationalized this virus to panic levels.

No worries here; 1/2 hr drive and I'm in Caribou/Sheep/Moose/Grizz-Black bear/wolf country.
Now if I decided to go hunt elk back in Montana 🤔

I'm confident this "epidemic" shall pass quickly and that not too many are harmed/afflicted with this outbreak. Please do your part and check yourselves and family members daily, avoid social activities, order on-line (this includes things like Amazon, groceries, or take-out), and washing your hands on a frequent basis with soap and water.
Keep yourselves healthy! When forced to stay in-doors, take advantage of the stay-at-home-gym. Planks, squats, crunches, & stretching all contribute to long & lean muscles and help keep a clean mindset. We surely don't need to be worrying if we have enough TP! 🤣

Recent Posts