Will Stocky's LRT work with Savage Target Action

Tarheelpwr

Title sums it up. Basically, I'm wondering if I can make the stocky's LRT stock work on a Savage target action?

*SPECIAL SALE* Bobby Hart Long Range Target / Tactical (LRT) Remington 700 BDL / Savage 10/12 (4.40) Laminated Heavy Barrel Riflestocks (Right & Left Hand Models)

Seems that the 4.4" hole spacing is correct. Is it realistic to think my smith can fill in the mag area and bed the 3rd screw and make it work?

If not, what options do I have to make that stock work? I assume you can just use 2 screws, but that seems to be limiting the actions strength?

Also. is the target action worth it at all? Is there a noticeable difference (for the price) in that and a standard Savage 10 action for a 6mm BR rifle? I'll be shooting casually (not competing to 1k yds). So, basically, I want a tack-driver, but if the difference in the target action is only say 3/8 to 1/4 MOA, does price justify it?

Thanks,
TP

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.