Will Pay $20.00 per Coyote..Video Resume

Well, I'm not retired so my 2 weeks of vacation are reserved for hunting things I can eat and provide my family for like deer and elk...Coyotes are just varmints around here, a weekend trip would suffice until I had more time to do so. And like I said, it's only a 5-6 hour drive from my house, not across the country as yourself. Northern nevada is where I would start, but the whole state is riddled with them, so I honestly dont think it even matters where you go. Talk to the nevada fish and game biologists, I'm sure they would be a big help and be able to point you in some good direction.

Definitely keep us posted on your travels and hunting adventures, I for one am very interested and love coyote hunting. It is on par with antelope and deer hunting. Best part is, you can do it year round and hone your rifle shooting skills, try new bullets, etc. Just cant beat it! I have a couple new mouth calls I am excited to try out in the week or two, and also put the 240 WBY to work with the 105g Hornady HPBT match bullets at 3250fps to see how they do.

It is a pretty good caliber for dogs, antelope, and deer, but to be honest it's just my dedicated dog rifle. Maybe a little over kill but the shots are long out here, and the wind is always blowing so I feel it's right at home. I prefer my 7-300 win mag with 180g ELDMs for big game at long range...It will kill things further than I care to shoot, or hit them at haha.

After watching your video I think you would do well researching an area with some BLM but then going door to door and spending some time in the local "greasy spoons" while your out there asking around. You look like a pretty respectable guy. When I lived in Montana me and some buddies would go and knock on doors asking permission and when we said we just wanted to shoot coyotes they would tell us have at it. We were in our late teens and early twenties and looked like hooligans......because we were, but we were respectful and followed the rules they laid out. So if folks would let us on their property I'm sure you would fair better. Getting something like OnX and calling ahead could serve you well too.

I have a large BLM lease in Idaho , the problem is we are infiltrated with hunters from other states that destroy a lot of stuff , then BLM fines us , you can find some open areas down by Jordan Valley get a good call and you can get them with in a 100 yards or less

Thank you Travler on your tip about Jordan Valley, I will check that out. BUT.... I'm getting ready to start about thread about wanting to go wolf hunting in Idaho. After learning more about that wolf problem... coyotes don't seem that interesting anymore. I find myself now wanting to hunt NOTHING but those destruction animals. I don't want to go West for the purpose of getting a wolf hide...NOPE... I want to now rethink my hunting priorities for a better purpose. Livestock ranchers and big game lovers are all saying...HELP. I can spend several months of time and energies into making a difference with this wolf problem. I may not be able to do much.. but I can at least try... and try I will. Thanks again Travler.

Daniel, if you decide to come out west to hunt wolfs , I would suggest you do some serious research, you will need and out of state lic and a tag , and then a place to hunt and a lot of patients

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.