Will a rifle scope handle the recoil found with BP?

Thanks, guys.

On that subject, the owner of the company that makes the no-clean powder (American Pioneer) lives not far from me gave me a bunch to try. Anyone use it?

I have used american Pioneer powders. They are much cleaner as advertised. I can't add for thaccuracy or consistancy, as I haven't tried them in anything other than a FLINCH-lock which I can't shoot worth a darn yet. Can't get used to the FLASH-pause-BANG yet.

Last edited:
I use a Simmons Aetec on my .50cal Encore.Holds up great and looks pretty too.
668707_Muzzleloader_7-point.JPG

JMason, you should be using real black in your flintlock. You will shoot it better with less pasue. Use 4f in the pan and 2f with your load. I Assume its a 50 cal or bigger?

Len, APP is good powder for inlines. I use the 2fg in my 45 cal knight but the APP powder is coarser than others. I would try both 2f and 3f if you have them. (Obviously not together!!!) They work great and you do not have to clean right away. But I still wouldn't leave it too long after shooting.

The new Blackhorn 209 is the cat's ***! Real clean and accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.