WILL 7MM REM SENDERO MAG FIT 300 RUM ROUNDS.

Down Under Hunter

Hello all . Just new to the site and thought I'd get a question out there. I have recently purchased a custom 300 rum that was built on a 7mm rem mag sendero action. Does anyone know how much work is involved to make the 7mm mag fit the rum round. I plan on shooting high bc type bullets like 190 berger vld and 200 grn accubond. Also if anyone has any experience with the vld I love to know more. I will load with H1000 more that likely. The barrel is 1/12 and 27 " lilja cryoed stainless.

Many thanks

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi Down Under welcome aboard. The remington Magnum magazines are all the same length so the 7mm Rem MAg and the 300 Ultra come out with the same part. If you want to shoot higher BC projectiles seated out to be closer to the lands get a Wyats Extended mag box that will fit a loaded cartrige at 3.900" long the single stack ones are usaly prefered you will have to have it fitted by a gunsmith. If you cant get one my friend can do the work here in Bendigo. I help him out with his Gunsmith Buisness.

Cheers Bill
Australia

THANKS FOR THAT BILL !!

THE GUY I AM BUYING THE RIFLE OFF IS GETTING A QUOTE TO FIT THE EXT BOX FROM WYATT AND OPEN SOME SORT OF RAILS FOR THE WIDTH ? IF YOU DON'T MIND COULD YOU SEND YOUR GUNSMITH FRIENDS NO TO ME AND I'LL CALL HIM. JUST WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HE WOULD CHARGE AND IF THERE IS MUCH INVOLVED.

THE GUN IS IN THE US, AND THE OWNER IS PRICING HIS GUNSMITH TO INSTALL, SO IM JUST TRYING TO DECIDE TO GET HIM TO DO IT THERE OR SEND THE RIFLE AND EXT BOX AND i'LL HAVE IT PUT IN AT HOME.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ?

THANKS AGAIN

SIMON /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My Sendero is a short action 7MM SAUM, I would like to have the mag box lengthened.

To fit in the mag at the moment the OAL needs to be about 2.800.
160 gn Accubonds seated just on the lands are 2.950 and 168gn Berger VLD are 3.000

How much can you lengthen the mag box by and how do you do it? ie what alteration needs to be done ( I know a Wyatt box exists but what else has to be done)

Thanks guys

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.