wilderness connection Montana

the blur

Anyone ever hunt with Wilderness Connection? In Montana. My buddy wants to hunt with them. It's a 4x4 drive in, then walk in. Accomodations seem nice.
Just looking for some references..

Regarding Montana. I heard I can pay more for a tag, and avoid the point system ?? Any details on that?

Anyone ever hunt with Wilderness Connection? In Montana. My buddy wants to hunt with them. It's a 4x4 drive in, then walk in. Accomodations seem nice.
Just looking for some references..
That hunt is on primarily public land that is scoured.
Also in the heart of historically the best elk hunting in America that has been devastated by wolves.
Do some research.

Regarding Montana. I heard I can pay more for a tag, and avoid the point system ?? Any details on that?
Montana now allows you to buy a second preference point @$100 each for the drawing if you are applying with an outfitter. Basically you get to spend more money to have the chance to draw the tag before "joe cheap" can. I think it is bogus that the rich people get preference over us regular people.

Montana is the last state I'd hunt if a non resident, I'm looking for another place to hunt and I live in some of the best elk hunting in MT. MT is wholly managed for revenue generation based on volume of tag sales. The most disappointing part is my kids will likely never know what it's like to really hunt the way it used to be.

Years ago I used to hunt Elk on the same land, year after year. (non-resident traveling from the East coast). Then it became: 'been there, done that'. So I started venturing out, hunted the Gila, applying for tags all over. (all guided). I would see Montana, even if the Elk #'s are down, just to get Montana hunting off my bucket list.

Years ago I used to hunt Elk on the same land, year after year. (non-resident traveling from the East coast). Then it became: 'been there, done that'. So I started venturing out, hunted the Gila, applying for tags all over. (all guided). I would see Montana, even if the Elk #'s are down, just to get Montana hunting off my bucket list.
Easy enough to do, get a tag fill up the truck and rock on

My favorite place to hunt elk in Montana, is Wyoming. I went to college in both states, have hunted both extensively, and despite living in Montana for the last 25 years, I still prefer Wyoming elk hunting. There is more public land and I do all of my hunts on my own. They have the guide restriction on non-residents if you're hunting wilderness, but I've done quite well without a guide. I've always been a cow elk hunter so that surely helps my odds of success.