Wildcats vs Traditional Cartridges

I used to hate the 6.5 Creed and everything about it. Then I started using it for 1000 yard compatition and haven't looked backed. I can and have built all kinds of cartridges and can have anything I want but the boring ole Creed is still getting it done. Don't get me wrong I love wildcats but sometimes you just don't need one to do what your trying to do.
Shep

Anytime you need to see a bunch of cool cartridges just look through the PO Ackley books. Practically every case has been made smaller or taller fatter of skinny. Every shoulder angle you can think of. Those old times did it all. But we have the powder they wish they had. These are good times for riflemen.
Shep

I think I liked shooting my 300 Blackout (whisper) more when I had to cut down 223 brass and form it and everyone came over to look at a subsonic round that was really quiet. I still love the round but now it is quite common. I think I must like the novelty of wildcats even if they don't do much more than the factory offerings.

It's like my 35 Sheepshead cartridge. I made it for Ohio guys. It's a straight wall 1.8 inch 223 with a 358 bullet. I made it before Winchester came out with the 350 legend. Mine shoots 400 to 500 fps faster. I throat my barrels out so the bullet isn't taking up all the powder space. They messed up because they wanted it to fit in an ar. So no it's by far not the fastest straight wall like they claim. Building stuff like this is fun because it fills a need and then it exceeds your expectations. Then it gets copied by Winchester who flubbed it.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.