Wildcats on a .375 Ruger case?

Don't know yet! I bought 100pcs. from Gunwerks and have only fired 25 so far. They don't appear to be growing any at the web.

Just wondering if anyone has built a wildcat cartridge based on the .375 Ruger case?
If so what? .338? 7mm??? .30???
What performance are you getting?

two thoughts roll thru my mind:

1. a .338x375 Ruger might be one heck of a big game round

2. what about going the other way, and neck the case up to .416?
gary

338 Campfire... I hear it did Real Well. As for the 416, yeah, I am pretty sure thats been done as well, and it did pretty good too.

Have a good one,
Gary

Old post but I'll ask the question anyway, maybe someone can answer it. I have a 300wm Ruger #1, would it be a big job to convert to 375-30?

Thanks

Old post but I'll ask the question anyway, maybe someone can answer it. I have a 300wm Ruger #1, would it be a big job to convert to 375-30?

Thanks

Here's Rich's (elkaholic) version. He pushed the shoulder back on his which complicates the process a little. You can use a 338 RCM FL die to neck down to 338. Then use a custom 30/375 die to finish it off. If you don't push the neck down into the shoulder you might avoid having to ream it. Not too difficult of a poject. It would be very similar to a 300 Dakota with basically the same capacity.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/new-30-375-wildcat-80853/

I'm hearing rumors of a 6.5mm cartridge based off the 375 Ruger to be introduced at the SHOT show by Nosler.

Anyone hearing anything similar?

I guess anything is possible but I doubt it for a few reasons.

1) Nosler has never designed any cartridge that I'm aware of. If it was going to happen, I think it would be Ruger or Hornady to introduce it, as I believe they basically own the rights to 375 Ruger (and RCM)

2) Extremely overbore for a standard commercial cartridge. But so is the 7mm RUM.

3) If something is coming out, it might be a 6.5 RCM... case capacity falls between the 06 and WSM which would put it between a 6.5-284 and 264 WM... Interesting.

I guess anything is possible but I doubt it for a few reasons.

1) Nosler has never designed any cartridge that I'm aware of. If it was going to happen, I think it would be Ruger or Hornady to introduce it, as I believe they basically own the rights to 375 Ruger (and RCM)

2) Extremely overbore for a standard commercial cartridge. But so is the 7mm RUM.

3) If something is coming out, it might be a 6.5 RCM... case capacity falls between the 06 and WSM which would put it between a 6.5-284 and 264 WM... Interesting.

This is on Nosler's website.

The 26 Nosler

I can't think of a non belted magnum case that will do this other than the 375 Ruger. Of course since its a Nosler built cartridge, it may be a new case design. I dont believe the WSM/SAUM cases will get you to this levels of performance so it will have to be something with more case capacity than those.

so I have a 7mm-300win on a m70 action. very pleased with it but was looking at rebarreling a 300rum to the 7mm-300. longer magazine than a m70. what or how might a 7mm-375 ruger work out on same.

The 7/375 Ruger is the same capacity as the 7 Dakota and they are a little larger than the 7/300 WM. Dakota brass brass is a little more spendy but no work needed. the 7 LRM is based off the 375 Ruger with long neck shoulder slightly pushed back, so a little smaller than the Dakota but larger than the 7/300 WM. Brass is reasonably priced and good quality. All are shorter than the 7/300 WM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.