• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wildcat chambered barrels

fmuguira

Helping a gunsmith friend who wants to clean up some of his barrel inventory. All the below listed chamberings are done off factory production barrels and are threaded for the referenced actions.

Rem 700, factory SS Sporter, 22" chambered in 270 Gibbs. Used

Rem 700, factory blued Varmit, 26" chambered in 22-250 AI
with .250 tight neck. Used

Rem 700, factory blued VLS, 26" chambered in 6-280 AI with .272 tight neck. Used

Savage, factory blued Sporter, 22" chambered in 6mm AI with .272 tight neck. New

Savage, factory blued Sporter, 22" chambered in 6mm AI with .272 tight neck. Used

Savage, factory blued Varmit, 26" chambered in 22-250 AI with .250 tight neck. Used

Savage, factory blued Sporter, 21" chambered in 6.5-280 AI with .293 tight neck. Used but less than 50 rounds through it.

$75 each or BO for used Rem 700 barrels plus shipping.
$75 each or BO for used Savage barrels plus shipping.

$125 for new Savage 6mm AI barrel plus shipping.

$125 for low round count Savage 6.5-280 AI barrel plus shipping.

Don't PayPal so MO, cash or personal check and we ll hold til funds clear.

First "I ll take it" wins based on time posted. Items listed on multiple sites.

Thanks Guys.

What's the round count on the Rem 700 22-250 AI? TIA

All good questions guys... here's some more info, twist rates listed in same order as barrels above:

1-10. originally was 270 Win
1-14. originally was 22-250 Rem
1-9 1/8. originally was 243 Win

1-9 1/4. originally was 243 Win
1-9 1/4. originally was 243 Win
1-14. originally was 22-250 Rem
1-8. originally was 6.5 Creedmoor

Round count on all used barrels not known. When they were pulled apart all were grouping fine and in most cases they were replaced with custom barrels. In nearly all the used barrel cases guys tried the cartridge out in production barrels before spending the $$$ on a custom.

The two new barrels ( one with under 50 rounds included as new) are as stated.

The 6mm is a 6mm Rem AI.

If anyone is truly interested in one of these barrels I d be willing to shoot you a copy of the reamer drawing. PM me with your text or email and I d get going on that.

Thx guys.

Would mention that these used barrels especially would be a great way to try out a cartridge to see if it's something you might want to build. If you had a same dimension reamer built then the barrel could double as a fire form unit for a new gun. Save wear and tear on a new custom build ....!