Wildcat cartridges

Jmw I knew someone would say that. My dad worked at the Pentagon and helped write the field manuals for that one. He started in m-48s then onto my favorite the m-60 then the mighty M1A1. That is actually a vase I saw in a furniture store and it reminded me of the old 105mm rounds.
Shep
once you find the action the stock is gonna be hell

After I figured out it would hold 2, 8 pound jugs of powder for every shot I back shelved the Idea. Hard enough to keep my powder supply up already.
Shep

He was your hero and then you out Ackley him with your cartridges. Wonder what he would think of them. Imagine what he would have done with today's powders. Ackley and an 8 pound jug of rl26 would be interesting.
Shep
He was definitely my inspiration and I couldnt even hold a candle to him!
You're right about the RL26.
Best he had was 4831.

We have a modern day Ackley amoung us here in elkaholic. He has a fine line and ever expanding Wildcats. He is the reason I am now a wildcat fan. I love innovation and improving anything.

Well you know I am lucky:: P O was a very down to earth Gentleman and one that the gun writers at the 3 major New York Mags.. made fun of him for hunting in Africa wearing blue overhalls and a pith hellment, but he had one of the most successful hunts and for **** sure his 458 long Ackley developed about 6000 lbs of energy.. I have a rifle designed by his friends and I called his son in law for information and then Harry Mcowen of St Anne, Illinois built it for me.. A 375 Brown-Whelen. .I wanted to get ride of it until one day I put 64 gr. of Reloader 15 in the thing and Wham-O. a 270 gr at 2625 and a 300 at 2600 no need for a 375 H&H mag any more.. NOW FOR SURE his 375 Ackely long magnum which is the same a the 375 weatherby is the very best of the 375.s, so good that you can now get in the Weatherby Mark V in 375 Weatherby. Harry built one for me with a 26" tube and I sold it to a guy in calf for a hunt in Australia-- he took a 100 " Buff there . P O did a lot of thing in old chicken house in Utah.

If the cowboys had what we have now they would have wiped out the buffalo in a week. Could you imagine sitting on a ridge with a 338 Lapua and having 5000 buffalos out in a field.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.