Wildcat caliber help!

bowhunthard88

Hello all,

I am looking at 2 different calibers, in used rifles... One is stamped 219 Wasp (probably Donaldson Wasp) and the other is stamped 250 ACE (possibly 250 Donaldson Ace). Any help?

The 219 Wasp is barreled with a Pfeiffer, and was probably built by him... Both guns were built of the same action.

Just curious as to case/fire-forming procedures, parent cases, etc.

Thanks a lot.

the parent case is the 250-3000 with the shoulder and sides pushed out. rcbs made dies for them for a while if i remember right all you had to do was shot the 250-3000 thoough them and then reload from there out. i had one 35 yrs ago or so and used it on deer and yotes.

the parent case is the 250-3000 with the shoulder and sides pushed out. rcbs made dies for them for a while if i remember right all you had to do was shot the 250-3000 thoough them and then reload from there out. i had one 35 yrs ago or so and used it on deer and yotes.

I ended up buying the 250 Donaldson Ace.

Elk, you were right about the chambering. The 250 Donaldson Ace, or 250 Ace, is formed from the 250 Savage cartridge. It is the 250 Savage with the body taper reduced, a sharper shoulder angle, and the shoulder is pushed back slightly to lengthen the neck.

It should be a fun and efficent little cartridge to play with. The twist rate on my rifle is a little slow, at 1:12.8". That twist will be fine for chuck hunting and coyotes, though.

Thank for the info everyone, decided to pass on the .219 Wasp. Probably should have picked it up though, as it was a complete Pfeiffer built rifle. My buddy bought that one.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.