Wildcat Bullets will be back this summer!

Halle-freaking-lujah :D
Glad to hear they are coming back online. I hope they are a good as they were in the past.

I'm not sure I can match Coues Sniper's word-smithing, but that is GREAT NEWS! I'll be looking for some 265g AL RBBT's for the 338AX Kirby is gonna make me!

Laaas dee daa daa

I've given up on waiting.

If things work out the only bullet that they could make that would interest me would be something a bit heavy in 375.

That stuff sold awhile back. I suppose it was/is FFL applications that have caused such a delay.

THe sell is pending and not offical yet so do not get your hopes up to high. Richard has been in this stage of the selling process at least three other times that I know of and all of those past attempts fell through so until the equipment is paid for, I would not be holding my breath.

Just want to keep you guys realistic about this and not expecting to much to soon.

This is not second hand information, its right from Richards mouth, he has kept me in the loop with every potential buyer so far.

I hope this one works out, would be good for us as it would then be a US company, no boarder issues with shipping bullets.

Dave, What would I change it to!!!!

How's 'bout RoyFromIdahoInNM:)

Kirby,

I had a financial backer all ready to go early on but he had some weird ideas.

If I stay here much longer than expected I'll be able to make the purchase myself, if its still available. However, I don't really want to get involved in that stuff.

Getting too old and want to spend the "golden" years doing the fun stuff.

Roy, i always thought you lived in Idaho. learn sumthin every day!

Kirby, you should own Wildcat Bullets. your wildcats, no pun intended, are somewhat designed around them. couldn't complain to the owner about getting bullets. would be a good fill for all that free time you have on your hands!

just out of curiosity what would a business like wildcat bullets go for

Lock stock and barrel - I was told $75K tons of calibers etc. Every thing ya need.

The part that can't be bought is the "knack" that that one most probably needs to do it properly.

During my research I learned that I could get enough stuff, from bare bench, to make 1000 bullets of the caliber I wanted for about $2300.00. From then on it was the cost of additional components, jackes, cores, points etc.

However, jackets aren't falling off of trees which can throw a big wrench into the works.

I can only imagine that Richard had a bunch of unrecoverable lead time in his process.

His 169.5 gr 270s are/were most probably, in my estimation, one of the best bullets ever made by any one.The combination of the 170 high bc bullet in the 270 AM with the 30" Lilja bbl is a combination that comes together only once in a very long time.

The 170 Class bullet in the 270 AM out does 195 in pretty much all situations especially since the 195s dust from my barrel.

Dave,

It was offered to me first well over a year ago. Just no way to find time to do it and continue building rifles. Doing the bullet thing part time would just result in some of the same problems Richard ran into and that would not be fair to the consumer or my rifle customers.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.