wildcat bullets still available?

Hate to step in the middle of an argument, but I was trying to get ahold of Wildcat Bullets to get some of his ULD 270 150gr bullets, I just didnt want to start firing off phone calls when I already had some emails in the system... but maybe I will give him a shout and see whats up
have heard good things about his bullets

You shouldn't worry about it. Light varmint has been going around hijacaking threads on Allen Mags and Wildcat bullets and recommending alternative gunsmiths and bullet makers. The internet is full of people like him. I simply take offense to people who advocate cheating other people.

I was testing new loads with 130 grain HP RBBT Wildcat bullets in 257 yesterday and the best of two groups was 0.148. I did not get the 142 HP RBBT to group so well, but I think I need decrease the seating depth just a little on them to get them jammed and ease up on the pressure also.

My experience for the type of hunting I do is that the old style are great bullets. Richard offered to make me the new tipped bullets if I wanted to wait but I have been happy with the old style.

You shouldn't worry about it. Light varmint has been going around hijacaking threads on Allen Mags and Wildcat bullets and recommending alternative gunsmiths and bullet makers. The internet is full of people like him. I simply take offense to people who advocate cheating other people.

I was testing new loads with 130 grain HP RBBT Wildcat bullets in 257 yesterday and the best of two groups was 0.148. I did not get the 142 HP RBBT to group so well, but I think I need decrease the seating depth just a little on them to get them jammed and ease up on the pressure also.

My experience for the type of hunting I do is that the old style are great bullets. Richard offered to make me the new tipped bullets if I wanted to wait but I have been happy with the old style.

BuffaloBob,

Thank goodness everyone does not drink from the same Koolaid cup as you. Suggesting alternative gunsmiths and bullet sources is not a strange idea and it is actually a smart practice. I even consider it a duty to try to help others and suggest alternatives to the ones who get all the publicity. Having a narrow mind about this sort of thing makes one wonder about the objectivity of the information that is given by yourself and others who are significantly limited in their line of thinking and who are proactive towards only one source of merchandise or service. Getting work estimates from several sources or investigating alternative suppliers vice using a sole source is something I imagine you really do in real life.

Loosen up your depends and let some more blood get to your brain and you may quit posting silly, childish and inaccurate information as you have in your above post.

James

My choice to go with wildcat bullets comes down to one main factor, its a canadian company! it is getting so hard to get anything gun related out of the states these days, even berger bullets, that being able to get them in canada is really worth it

you never know how they are going to work until you try them

rl,
My experiences with Richard's bullets have been great. They have been confined to the 200 grain 7mm bullet, but all have shot & performed great on animals (PD's to elk), even at longer distances (666 on elk and 1454 on pd's).
My velocities were a little lower for the cartridge used (7mm Dakota), since I use specialty handguns.

The 265 .30 caliber ones that I got worked well but it became way too cumbersome to do business since he stays so busy in all his resposibilities outside of bullet making.

Heck, it is much easier to get a McMillan stock, Kreiger barrel, and a Bat action than getting him to return emails unless he is not farming the 1440 acres, running the welding business, running the gravel business, consulting on other gravel businesses etc, etc, etc...... Oh, and making bullets to sell.

James

Chawlston, Lightvarmint or whatever you prefer to use today to disillusion people, you are quite the prize when it comes to an imperfect example of a quality human being.

For whatever reason, you have taken on a personal vendetta against Richard of Wildcat Bullets as well as Kirby of APS. The reasoning for this web based personal attack program of yours escapes me as I'm unable to comprehend how anybody can hold onto something so meaningless, childish and petty for so long. However, being the vindictive, spiteful and vengeful person you portray yourself as, it seems to be easy and appears to come natural to you. I tend to believe it's a natural trait of yours. Too bad really that someone has to publicly disgrace his self by using the tactics that you choose, even though you probably have some warped sense of pride and accomplishment in doing so.

Given every opportunity to just let it drop, you continue the personal, sneaky, camouflaged, glossed over attacks on people. People who are above reproach in my opinion, to try and prove some sick, twisted point that only a very petty, small mind could conjure up.

I've let a lot of it slide and I know others have also, but you've just taken it too far. Long Range Hunting is more than this. It's far more than your personal, childish and petty attacks.

Don't give us any more of your sweet sounding replies wherein you try to make your self look and sound so innocent and always portray the other person/s in a demeaning way. Spare us the childish comments about others where you politely insult and demean them because people know you for what you are and what you say. Also keep the snide remarks about how you are only trying to inform people to yourself, as this is pure BS. All you are doing is perpetuating your attack and public harassment of Richard and Kirby. All you are trying to do is to bad mouth them as often as you can sneak you snide little remarks into a thread.

Hopefully people are smart enough and read enough threads on Long Range Hunting to have figured out your tactics and know you for what you are. For those that haven't I only hope they take the time to see you for what you are. You're lucky that Len is as easy going as he is because most would have pulled the plug on you long ago.

Now go ahead and type your remarks like you have before and be sure to portray yourself as innocent, mistreated, helpful and just trying to help all of the members with their decisions.

You can polish a turd all you want to but in the end, it's still a turd, but give it your best shot.

Never had any problems getting bullets from Richard, in fact I have had great service. I dont think I have ever spoken with Richard but have had no problems with him answering emails.
I havent ordered anything from him since December, but will be ordering some 338 and 7mm bullets from him in the near future.

On a side note has anybody ever seen what his 66gr 6mm varminators will do to a critter or a full can of cola at 6br velocities. All I gotta say is you gotta see it to beleive it. His 277 169s are terrible. They shoot great but damage stuff too much. You should see what they did to my poor 800yd gong.:)

I have some of his 6 mm bullets and they will not stay together in my 6-284. They are the flat base and I think 110 grains. I never chronographed them because they were blowing up at my starting loads. These weren't the varied failures like I had with the A-Max, these were dust out of the barrel. I am going to build a more functional 6 mm one of these days so maybe that's all they need but has anyone else seen any failures?

When I was having my 240 Wby built, I twice inquired about heavy 6 mm bullets but he was having die problems and I never followed up being as the 115 Bergers grouped well for me once I got the rifle.

As far as bullet failures, I can make both the 115 Bergers and the 200 gr Wildcats fail by shooting on 90 degree days with sun cooked bullets. Higher pressures and a warm barrel will do it. David Tubbs was dusting his DTACs with his benchrest 6mm once the barrel got hot. With a cool barrel and hunting season temperatures I don't have a problem with either and I push both of them very hard. Apparently the recipe for dust is hot barrel, fast twist, J4 jacket and long bullet.

It may be that as the throats get rougher that I will have more trouble, but I try not to shoot those rifles very much.

I don't know what speed I am getting with the 257 caliber 130's but maybe 3200 - 3300 fps or maybe not. I am about to decide that I really don't need to fool with the 142s being as the 130's are doing so well. I will see what drops I get with the 130 and then decide.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.