Wildcat Bullets 7mm 200gr NOW SHIPPING

Does anyone have an opinion on a 200 gr out of a 1-9 running about 2900-2950? I am trying to get all I can for my F class rifle. What twist would be required to shoot them at that velocity? Thanks.
Chris

Does anyone have an opinion on a 200 gr out of a 1-9 running about 2900-2950? I am trying to get all I can for my F class rifle. What twist would be required to shoot them at that velocity? Thanks.
Chris

They may well be worth a try in your barrel. They may surprise you and work. I think that on the extreme mags up towards 3400 an 8 twist barrel is used. Not 100% sure though.

I'm not to familiar with your product. I have been shooting berger 180's for a long time with great sucess. I can't seem to get them to fill my order so I'm interested in you bullets. What twist rate are we looking at to stabilize? Are they sufficient for hunting? If all applies count me in for a 100.

Congratulations Paul,

Any news on the design/ development of the 375 bullets we had talked about for the Cheytac Wildcats? I don't have our old e-mail in front of me, but would a Krieger 1-10 work or will it need to be a bit fast like 1 9.5 or so?

Last edited:
Congratulations Paul,

Any news on the design/ development of the 375 bullets we had talked about for the Cheytac Wildcats? I don't have our old e-mail in front of me, but would a Krieger 1-10 work or will it need to be a bit fast like 1 9.5 or so?

I'm thinkin' they will do well w/a 10 twist but velocities will be at least 3200+

I guess they are busy with those presses pointing them up, which is a good thing......but I would like to have 400 or 500 of these. Please PM me an invoice or a contact number.

I guess they are busy with those presses pointing them up, which is a good thing......but I would like to have 400 or 500 of these. Please PM me an invoice or a contact number.

E-mail them...they got back to me quick...they actually e-mailed me to tell me they were shipping them...

"BC of .88- .9""

Is this mathematically calculated on paper or is it a field generated number?

Thanks,
Tres

I strongly suspect the numbers are from actual shooting. There are enough 7mm AM shooters using them.

My only personal experience with them is watching another set up for some extremely long shots and the MOA adjustment was extremely low.:)

Bullets
I'm happy to announce that we are taking orders for our 7mm 200 grain bullets. That's the only bullet we'll be producing until we can keep up with the demand for it. If we can't make them fast enough, we'll buy equipment and hire people to increase our production capacity. Once we can keep up with the demand, we'll re-introduce another bullet. We'll continue this cycle until we we've re-introduced most of Richard Grave's (original owner) bullet lineup. We are doing this to ensure the continued availability of a bullet once it's released.

Price increase.
We've increased the price of the 7mm 200 grain bullets to $38.50/50. This is a big increase that I feel deserves an explanation. Given the rate at which we can produce these bullets, our overhead, and the increasing cost of materials, we simply wouldn't be able to keep our doors open selling them at the prices that Richard was charging. Please realize that in order to make these bullets available long term, they'll have to be profitable. With this in mind, we had no choice but to increase the prices. Even with the increase, we are on the low to middle end of the cost spectrum for custom bullets and are priced about the same as or less than a few mass produced bullets such as A-frames, Partitions and Triple Shocks. We feel that the new prices are appropriate for today's market given that our bullets are field proven, custom made, and include the heaviest and highest BC's hunting bullets available for most calibers.

New Website
We have a new web address: www.wildcatbullets.com. The site will be up very soon. Once it's up, you'll be able to order online.

How to order now
Until we get our website up, just email me at [email protected]. You can always order this way even after our e-commerce site is up.

Thanks,
Paul
Being a custom bullet maker myself, I can tell you guys that this is a very reasonable price. For what it is worth..........Rich

Yep, a definite fair price. I'm confident the market would bear a little more than that.

When one witnesses their performance both ballisticly and terminally on a decent sized bull elk @ a yard or two under 1K out of a rifle for which the bullet was designed there shouldn't be much argument regarding cost.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.