Wildcat Build Help

What Wildcat is best and what all copper bullet should I use and who is the best custom Rifle Builder to use?
إسحاق
Easy, the one you have in your hand, and the copper bullet you are shooting in it at the time, the best custom builder is the gunsmith that built it. There! now you know. Good luck... Cheers.

I should have added this.... (اَلْوَطَنُ الْعَرَبِيُّ

Last edited:
What Wildcat is best and what all copper bullet should I use and who is the best custom Rifle Builder to use?
You are not alone…brother…there are others that walk amongst us for whom no factory gun nor factory cartridge could possibly meet their divine standards of performance or execution of fit, form and function…

With such a narrow selection of standard factory cartridges and the minuscule array of inferior shooting platforms offered in all price ranges …we here, see your plight…your disappointment…your utter frustration with what is available.

Noting your divine standards and implied rejection of what is available in this age of CNC machining and hyper data ballistics capabilities…I'm gonna go out on limb here and suggest that you seek divine answers to your questions….

The rest of us will just have to suffer through life with our crappy Coopers, GunWorks, Dakotas, Fierce rifles etc in earthly calibers and custom bullets.

What other questions need to be asked!
range
speed
energy needed at max range (needed is much more than wanted)
barrel length for these questions
do you want max pressure to be at 65k or less

I'd say, start with your favorite bullet and go from there
Build around the end result and work backwards
When you decide on the bullet try and have as much of the bullet past the shoulder as possible where only the boat-tail is in it

Once you have better parameters you can figure case volume needed for achievement as cross check against other cartridges that come close to your agenda
Also take in mind that some of the larger magnums and 308 like cases can have more or less pressure for max.
example..6.5creed is near 64 or 65k and 260rem is 5-7k less max pressure

This runs thru my head everyday on what this and what that on cartridge design

GOOD LUCK!

Your post got me to thinking, now have a terrific headache…..but, I digress!

Why don't we put together a "spreadsheet"/survey of sorts, having all appropriate questions asked, posted at the beginning of his/her post. The person wanting the information can fill in all of the blanks…..then we all can see his/her needs/wants. We can then all chime-in attempting to accurately respond to his answers to the spreadsheet / survey!

I'm certain that there are many problems with this idea, but it's just a thought!! memtb

Your post got me to thinking, now have a terrific headache…..but, I digress!

Why don't we put together a "spreadsheet"/survey of sorts, having all appropriate questions asked, posted at the beginning of his/her post. The person wanting the information can fill in all of the blanks…..then we all can see his/her needs/wants. We can then all chime-in attempting to accurately respond to his answers to the spreadsheet / survey!

I'm certain that there are many problems with this idea, but it's just a thought!! memtb
it might help

Just a few questions. The best at WHAT???? Are building a Hunting rifle??? Light weight or medium weight Rifle ?? Are you building a target rifle?? 100 yard Bench rest , 1000 yard PRC competition?? Are you going to shoot White tails at 100 to 200 yards?? Sheep at 1000 yards. Cape Buffalo or Lion at 50 yards. You need to provide a LOT MORE info on what you are looking for. After all, The 25 , 000 cartridges that currently exist may all just not be correct for you specific use!!!