Wild Range Finder

Big Sky

SPONSOR
Okay this has probably been covered, but I was reading Darryl's "Your Long Range Style" and I kept seeing the Wild range finder mentioned. I've never heard of this range finder. What is it? Who makes it? Do they have a website? Information please. Thanks, Big Sky.

Big Sky

The Wild Rangefinder is an opticle type (like the Barr and Stroud) and is a military unit made in Switzerland.

They made units for the German army in WW2 and made them up to the late 70s and early 80s for their own army.

They read in meters not yards and are good for ranging out to 20,000 meters on some of them. They have been refurbished to new condition and are a great buy.
The problem with them is, they are a 1 meter base unit and are about 5" in diameter. A bit bulkey.

If your not going to far with them, they are fine.

The optics are Zeiss quality and they sell at Deutsche Optics in California for $499.00.
800-225-9407

They are an excellent rangefinder.

DC

Go to the Deutche Optiks site for complete details. This is an optical rangefinder made in Switzerland in the 60's I think. I just got one and the quality of optics and workmanship is excellent. Could make an excellent spotting scope except for the size.

Built to handle rough use by the military. Can range up to 20,000meters about 12 miles. Would work in any light condition, needs no batteries, pretty accurate - mechanically accurate to around 1% of distance but operator error may increase this. If you can see it, you can range it.

Priced from $299 to 499 plus $35 for shipping. They work very well, are a little on the big side so no stuffing into packs, and well priced for what you get.

Good luck...

Jerry

the wild range finder.i checked the range by using the moon but would it be more accurate to check it against say 400 meters of know distance.it does not seem like you can get it very far out of adjustment ex for the height,thanks,keith

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.