Wife's First Hunt

Finris

Re: Wife\'s First Hunt

Tell your wife congradds on the deer. I'm enviouse of you guys first day of deer season and get a nice deer like that.If I were in country right now I'd be hunting down at broken bow with my family. I hate not beeing home this time of year.

Wife\'s First Hunt

I just have to brag on my wife. This was the first deer hunt that she had ever been on, and got this buck at 400 yards. 168 Sierra BTHP was used and the deer was DRT. Deer weighed 155 lbs before it was field dressed. Pretty good size buck for this area of Oklahoma! http://www.badlandstactical.net/Zhunt.htm
smile.gif

Bob,
That is a great reason to brag! Tell the wife to keep it up, she's got a good teacher. I miss the red dirt down there on your range...I'll be back down soon.
Jamie

Congrats! That's cool Bob! Nice buck, and nice shot too!!
cool.gif

Did she turn around and ask if you were takin lessons?
grin.gif

Bob

I know how you feel.

My wife hunts deer, elk and turkey and also shoots 1000 yard matches with me.
She is my best hunting buddy.

Congrats to your wife.
Later
DC
smile.gif

Brent,
LOL Took me 10 minutes to get her to stop jumping up and down. She told me last night, that she already got her buck, and this weekend she is going for her doe.
Jamie,
Come on down anytime sir! We are usually out there on the weekends shooting.
Darryl,
Yes it is nice when they become interested in shooting. Took me years to get her shooting long range, and in the last year she has really progressed! Only problem with that is that the ammo budget has really inflated. I don't hardly get to shoot anymore!!
Now, if I can get her interested in Coyote hunting....

Bob

Think of it this way.

With her interested in hunting and shooting, you will "never" have a problem buying "any" item you need to shoot or hunt with.
New guns, loading tools, hunting clothes are never a problem with her interested.
Make sure she has her own rifle to use and she will be a happy puppy.
That's a plus and most guys don't know this.

Later
DC
grin.gif

Darryl,
I have found that out! She shoots a Winchester Stealth, and since I have gotten that rifle, hasn't said a thing about things I am picking up, especially when I am buying reloading supplies. There are no more statements like " You don't need all that..will take you forever to shoot it up" LOL

See, it's working already.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Have been doing this for over 40 years now.
Even before we got married (42 years ago), I took my wife out Pheasent and rabbit hunting with me to get her use it.

Her Dad was a hunter and also a Col. in WW2 under Patton, so the guns and hunting were always accepted, especially here in PA.

Good luck and keep on buying.
grin.gif

Later
DC
smile.gif

[ 11-26-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.