Wifes first coyote

Daves762

We saw a lot of coyotes this deer/elk season. A lot. Almost EVERY time we were out, no matter where, we encountered coyotes, sign, or heard them barking at us in the dark walking in. Worst I've ever seen.
That was enough to get my wife angry and up early on weekends to go after them.
We set up before grey light in a spot I saw a pack of four on an elk hunt. I did a coyote locator, nothing. Male challenge, nothing. Female lonesome, nothing. Waited five minutes and hit jackrabbit in distress.
A triple came screaming in left to right. Whispered to my wife, "hold on his nose and press the trigger".
She head shot the first one. I threw my rifle up, looked through the scope and saw nothing but frost.
Wife fired two more shots at them when they were in high gear and missed.
She was just as excited as when she drops an elk. Looks Like I'm demoted to permanent caller operator..... But at least we are killing coyotes.

Attachments

• Rochelle 2020.jpg
    Rochelle 2020.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 238
  • Rochelle 2020-4.jpg
    Rochelle 2020-4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 202
Nice work and congrats to you both! Sweet rifle and pics as well
Thanks. She asked me to build her an AR. And since I spray paint all mine camo, she wanted camo as well. Girly'ed up a bit of course. Purple is better than pink I guess. I'd rather have a woman with a purple AR standing next to me, than no gun at all..... :)

Thanks. She asked me to build her an AR. And since I spray paint all mine camo, she wanted camo as well. Girly'ed up a bit of course. Purple is better than pink I guess. I'd rather have a woman with a purple AR standing next to me, than no gun at all..... :)
Couldn't agree more. Working on locating parts for a purple build at the wife's request as well.

Couldn't agree more. Working on locating parts for a purple build at the wife's request as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.