Wife' s Rifle

RBrowning

Wife\' s Rifle

I have been looking at getting my wife a rifle for deer hunting. Not for long range but 2-300 yards would be fine. I have been looking at the 260 REM. Unfortunately she is a lefty and I haven't been able to find anything in this caliber. Any one know of a production rifle in 260 REM in LH?

Thanks,
Rick

Re: Wife\' s Rifle

You have a problem...

The .260 is not all that popular a cartridge, and if you want one in left-hand version, you can have Remington do a 700C custom job for you.

Your other choice is to step up to the .270 Winchester and you can get that in LH models from all manufacturers.

Your other choice is to consider the .257 Weatherby, which is available from them in LH models.

The 260 is a great game cartridge as well as a great 800 to 1000 yard gun. If I was you I would find an old 700 LH short action and have a good smith build you one on a 1 in 9 twist barrel for the 120's and under for the wife to shoot. JMHO. With lighter recoil the 120's and under offer it would be a great gun. And I have seen the 120 Sierra MK perform very well at 800 to 1000 yards. A freind of mine has a 260 with a 1 in 9 Hart barrel that shoots ever thing from the 87 grain Sierra to the 120 MK very well indeed. I am in the process of having a 260 built right now on an M700 action and a 1 in 8 twist Krieger barrel to shoot the the 120 MK, 139 Lapua Scenar and the 142 Sierra MK. to shoot out to 1200 yards. Good luck in your search!

consider the 7mm/08. Very accurate, mild recoil. can find in M7, M700 and others in left hand. Started by daughters at age 10 and 12 shooting reduced loads in this and then up to full power. No problems and they easily handled the little recoil.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.