Wife bought me a TC Encore

Enough about rifles already. Get on the important question: how do we find a wife like yours?
Got lucky! She's beautiful and smart, and lets me hunt as much as I want (as long as I take her fishing and on the boat). Better than I deserve for sure. I also met her at church…. Guess you could say she was God sent.

I have one I traded for from a local gunsmith.He replaced with the oversize hinge pin and a complete trigger job.
Pistol with a 14 inch 460 S&W.Plenty of recoil but I shoot hot 45 lc more than 460.
My brother in law traded me a 30-06 barrel with Weaver scope from the 70's.
SUPER accurate.Like Muddyboots said the forearm is one of the keys.Once I replaced the cheap mount I could stack the 165 gr Interbonds.
I want to get a 223 barrel either from Mike Belm or MGM although a stock out of the box from T/C on a friends shoots lights out with no work!
I love them

Last edited:
I have a tc endeavor and I'm anxious to get my .17hmr barrel from MGM this weekend!!I heard that Thompson Center has been sold?not sure who bought them yet! also I'm planning on a new trigger as well, maybe Haus of arms options!

They are fun and barrels are addicting. If you have any problemns like stated in earlier post Mike Bellam is the man and very nice to deal with. Enjoy it!!

Attachments

• D3552DDC-D791-4C56-9DC3-A186AB8CF418.jpeg
    D3552DDC-D791-4C56-9DC3-A186AB8CF418.jpeg
    586.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 2699D71C-FE01-4EC9-A18D-EB5E4554F204.jpeg
    2699D71C-FE01-4EC9-A18D-EB5E4554F204.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 7228CAC6-D452-400F-813E-6DC3F7665844.jpeg
    7228CAC6-D452-400F-813E-6DC3F7665844.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 131
Here is a link to a smokeless muzzleloading site: https://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com
I had my Encore barrel conversion done at Arrowhead Rifles.
Arrowhead Rifles
39417 N 2nd Place
Phoenix, AZ 85086
www.arrowheadrifles.com
[email protected]
(319) 558-8621
Booth# 4349
Arrowhead Rifles is proud to offer a custom built, cutting edge, 45 Caliber Muzzleloader to the 2020 Western Hunting and Conservation Expo.
Sub MOA accuracy to 500 yards and beyond
Carbon Fiber Stock
Carbon Wrapped Barrel
Patented Arrowhead GEN2 Ignition System
Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 Scope with CDS Turret
TriggerTech Trigger

Last edited:
Barrels reproduce more rapidly if your buddies shoot Encores. I told a buddy that I had decided to order a 257 Rob pistol barrel. I was on a 7 week long training assignment out of town and by the time I got around to placing my order, he told me he ordered one too. Challenge accepted. I started researching other 25 cal options that would leave his in the dust. I selected the 250AI. When I sprung the surprise at our next range session, he said I was crazy because of having to fire form brass. I said why don't we let the chronograph decide, After besting his by 200 fps, he asked if I did that on purpose To which I responded H___ yes. He got his revenge by being the first to take a deer. RIP brother.

Won these at auction. All will be for sale except 243. Will post pics when it arrives.

3 Extra Barrels Barrel Length: (A) 28" (B) 26" (C) 24" (D) Caliber/Bore: (A) .243 (B) .25-06, (C) .308 (D) 12 GA FFL Status: Modern Manufacturer: Thompson Center Model: Encore

The rifle is accompanied by a blued 24" .308 barrel in the original plastic packaging, a fluted Weathershield finished 26" .25-06 with camo forend, and a camo coated 24" 12 gauge shotgun barrel with screw in choke tube, camo forend, and sight mounting rail.

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 9.01.31 AM.png

I've had mine for roughly 5 years and love it . If I'd bought one of these years ago I'd own a lot less long guns . That's no joke . I've got the 50 cal muzzle loader barrel , 204 ruger , 7 mm08 , 308, 35 Whelen barrel for mine . Mine has had no alterations done to it and the trigger breaks cleanly at 3.25 pounds which isn't horrible for a hunting rifle . No creep just slight pressure and it will surprise me almost every time. Kinda wish I hadn't got the 308 barrel for mine but I have shot it a few times . Absolutely love my 7 mm08 barrel it shoots really well
I also have the 50 caliber and the 7mm08 love it

I've done tons of work on them. Basically been schooled by Mike. He's probably the single star smith on these. I have all his tools and they can be made to shoot very good. It's a shame TC doesn't put the extra little bit it takes to get them to shoot into them. But that keeps me busy with them anyway. Definitely put a proper pin in it. Then the extra power hammer spring and lock up spring. Trigger is next. Then replace any plastic for end with a wooden one and glass bed it. Doesn't seem to matter if it's floated or full contact. I can't tell a difference. Now this is a must on any heavy recoil cartridge. Make sure the base is bedded full length and put 1 more screw in the barrel at the end of the base closest to the muzzle. Then tap a hole in the base right behind it and run a screw down to just touch the barrel and lock tite it in place. Then when you tighten the front most screw you are making sure the mount doesn't move up and down up there. The 4 screws in just the back of the base are not good enough. Under heavy recoil the mount will spring and your scope will move slightly. Your shots will start walking up the paper. And if you loosen the front ring and then tighten it up again your group will be back where it belongs but it will walk up again. This is a serious flaw in the barrels. Your scope won't come flying off or anything but a rifle that keeps walking up the paper is useless. Just do the base modification and it all goes away. I've done at least 50 and it fixes it right now. Mike has probably done a 1000 or more. On a light recoil cartridge you probably won't have this issue. But any magnum and every muzzle loader needs this base mod to shoot correctly. On muzzle loader barrels I always cut the easy load part of the barrel off and put a real crown on it. Those smooth sections are almost always crooked as heck so much so that you can see it with your naked eye. Just look at your rifling around that part and you will see what I mean. One side usually has nice big rifling and the opposite side will have very little. Case stretch is a big issue with these also. Make sure to set your die up properly so as to not create more headspace. These actions flex way more that a bolt action. Go to Mikes sight and read it all. This will help you immensely. Mike is the man for anything Encore. You can tell him I said so. He is modest and will just tell you it all just makes sense. But really he is special on the Encores.
Shep

Shot a few rounds yesterday. Hornady case, 162 ELDx, Fed 215 M. Only did two shots in .5 grain increments of H1000 since I'm down to my last lb. 68.0 was the best. Gonna load up a handful more and shoot them to get an average of velocity. The 2 at 68.0 was 3,072 and 3,066 fps from the 28" barrel. I hope it repeats this afternoon for me.

Attachments

• BB151223-C28A-4B67-A068-FB5406954ADF.jpeg
    BB151223-C28A-4B67-A068-FB5406954ADF.jpeg
    800.8 KB · Views: 69