Wide spread Antelope winter kill in Wy this winter.

Im glad for you folks that your state actually takes care of its residents first. Here in PA they could care less about our own hunters, we give out around 150ish elk tags every year and non-residents have the same chance at tags as we do. Plus, if drawn the tags are dirt cheap compared to when i hunt out west. I have around 20 points now for PA and will most likely never be drawn anyway because they just throw your name in the hat for every point instead of drawing 1st from the top points holders. Our state is run by politicians if that explains anything...

Those of us that stay here year round should be awarded some kind of sympathy or stupidity points……😂
Much agreed! If it wasn't for the wonderful summers (although incredibly short some years) and hunting opportunities, I don't think I'd be living here, LOL

Ha, long seasons?
I was spoiled when I lived in Missouri. Our archery season was Sep 15- Jan 15. That was NICE!
A month flies by here.
I used to live in Ga. Bow hunted there for over a decade. I haven't looked at the regs in years but, I have a friend there who tells me the bow season for deer now runs from sometime in August through mid Jan.

Those of us that stay here year round should be awarded some kind of sympathy or stupidity points……😂
My wife and I moved here for warmer winters back in 1994. This has been the first year the snow stayed on the ground all year at lower elevations. (5000 to 6000 feet) I've seen more sub zero days this year too. I might not use an antelope tag even if I draw one this year. Several calves (cattle) have been lost already this year also.

Looking east from my house

Attachments

• B705336B-9172-44F6-8CA2-FDAD1695D9D8.jpeg
    B705336B-9172-44F6-8CA2-FDAD1695D9D8.jpeg
    726 KB · Views: 56
  • 3D54BFFD-FD89-40ED-B6B6-F4E8B4728C28.jpeg
    3D54BFFD-FD89-40ED-B6B6-F4E8B4728C28.jpeg
    649 KB · Views: 63
Most summers we only have few days in the 80's and none at 90.
Occasionally we will have a summer that doesn't even reach 80.
Will be interesting to see how this year plays out….

Most summers we only have few days in the 80's and none at 90.
Occasionally we will have a summer that doesn't even reach 80.
Will be interesting to see how this year plays out….
Where are you?
We get 100-106 here at 5000'! I was mule deer scouting in 106 degree temps last two years. Johnson, Sheridan, Campbell and Natrona counties.

Talked to a friend of mine in Jackson a week ago. So far this year they've had 500 inches of snow. Record is 600 in the early 90's! Granted that may be at the top of the mountain but still a lot. Fwiw, I just forked out about $1700 for an oryx application in New Mexico so the new elk NR prices are in line.

If Wyoming wants better hunting, they should make the residents follow the same rules as a nonresident when they buy a tag for an area or a region, they should have to stay in that area not get to hunt the whole state that how states do it that have good hunting.

If Wyoming wants better hunting, they should make the residents follow the same rules as a nonresident when they buy a tag for an area or a region, they should have to stay in that area not get to hunt the whole state that how states do it that have good hunting.
And maybe let us (residents) accrue points for deer and antelope like NR can! When we don't draw a draw area, we are back to square one... so we cannot build points for a good unit like NR can.