WI 177" gross, not LR

Coyboy

This is the buck I harvested in 2012, I been watching him and 2 others that are a bit bigger, but on Tuesday afternoon of the 9 day season, I got an oportunity to take him. I have pics I took of him thru my spotter in 2011 and his sheds were found by a neighbor last spring and they grossed 166 with a
19" spread. It's a little dark in the pics but I had a 1/2hour walk out to get the 4 wheeler, change clothes and bring my son out to help.

Attachments

• IMG_2325 my buck.jpg
    IMG_2325 my buck.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 123 my buck.jpg
    123 my buck.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 120
Another awsome buck Jim, I think that one looks as good as your buddies. Hard to believe it was around 40" bigger than yours. Congrats on a really nice buck.

Nathan

Very nice buck Jim. The one year wait was worth it. To have taken the two bucks you and your buddy harvested shows abilities few have. Congratulations!

Thanks guys, I was hunting a third buck that was using the same property during bow season, he is about a 195" typical 12 point. I watched him thru the spotter all summer and into early bow season, Nov 11th I had him at 40 yards and passed on the shot because of a few small branches blocking a clean shot, that was the last time I seen him, but my hunch is he moved closer to Lee's property where the last cornfield in the township is standing. That or he was harvested and none of us locals heard about it. That is a possibility as there are some public tracts close by and some non-res landowners. I should figure it out before spring if I keep looking.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.