why you should not hunt with Match Kings.....

chris matthews

BECAUSE THEY KILL THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had all of you going, didn't I?!!
Last Friday I managed to score upon a nice 8 point buck. Wasn't longrange by any means, but it was dark-30, trotting quartering towards me through corn. First shot wasn't the best, I caught him a little far back but took out the spine and then blew through the pelvis/hip joint. Left a 3" exit hole. Took a second shot in the neck to put him down.
308 Win, BH 175 at 2650. Buck weighed about 250 lbs. Gross scored about 130 B&C.
Then Sunday I harvested two mature does weighing about 170 and 200 lbs. One at 80 yds, the second at 50. Both ran about 50 yds before expiring. Blood trail was 3 feet wide for the 50 yards. 4" exits.
I was all set up for up to 800 yard shots and both times the **** things nearly step on me! Oh well! There is still the anterless only season in Dec.
I know this is preaching to the choir, but just more evidence that MK's do work and even in less than ideal shot placements.
Will try to figure out how to get a pic on here.

[ 11-26-2003: Message edited by: chris matthews ]

Nice hat trick Chris.
cool.gif

Ya see, them deer thought the MK was just a target bullet too. Well, even they know different now too.
grin.gif

Chris,

Nice....
sounds like the buck is a bruiser!

You might have been preaching to the choir but you get that right after being sucessful!

and now that I think about it.. it actually just goes to show that they are not only a LR bullet either! That's an issue I defended many of times....

Nice going! I think I can smell the tendeloin tips and onions from here!

[ 11-27-2003: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

Chris

Way to go.

The proof about match Kings and how well they kill thin skinned game, just keeps coming in.
grin.gif

My favorite bullets for Long and short range hunting.

Later
DC

Chris

Way to go.

The proof about match Kings and how well they kill thin skinned game, just keeps coming in.
grin.gif

My favorite bullets for Long and short range hunting.

Later
DC

Last saturday I shot about a 150 lb whitetail buck with 180 SMK at 200 yards from my 06 30 cal entry 2.5 exit. Went about 30 yards with the heart and both lungs destroyed. Yesterday my wife shot about a 130 lb doe at 167 with 52 gr serria mk out of my 223 dropped on the spot. I belive those two deer belive in MK's now.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts