Why we use a scope level

Hi James - Great video.

Any tips on how to properly install a scope level to ensure the gun, scope, and scope level are all in unison and where they need to be?
He mrntioned a levrl app for your phone. Most scope rings have a horizontal split of the rings. The scope itself usually have a flat elevation tower to set a level [phone]

Has anyone seen a scope with a internal level?

I would think the tech is small and cheap enough.

Agree on your videos. Learn a lot from watching all the tips. Want to try to get to your school sometime. Until then are there any books you recommended on wind reading. Thanks again for what you add to the site.
Unfortunately no, most Military FM and TM teach incorrect wind, they give you solutions that are more than 2 MPH correction, that is a miss or wound on an animal at longer ranges! sad to say!

most civilian books teach the same regurgitated stuff as above , I have yet to find a book on wind that is correct, would love to be proved wrong but so far I am not

I use 3 tools for wind depends on situation

1. Mirage (the correct way) I developed in 1992
2. Rain angle I developed in 1992
3. Wind meter (last tool I will ever use), I prefer not to use a windmeter when shooting in dirty wind IE: hills and Valleys, wind at you is skewed at that point. I only use a wind meter when no rain is available and mirage is rendered useless beyond 9 + MPH

Last edited: