Why the 7mm Rem Mag?

I am curious about all the comments I've been hearing about meat loss. I have been hunting for some 60+ years now and am very careful with bullet placement. Always have been. Up until lately I only hunted with a .308 and my longest shot has been about 300 yards. My experience has been to shoot just behind the shoulder through the ribs, in one side, say goodbye to heart and lungs and if the Nosler Partition (165 gr) makes it out the other side it blows an exit hole about the size of my fist in the ribs on the other side. I don't do deer ribs so to me that means no meat loss. If my shot wanders for any reason, a little forward into the shoulder then there is some meat loss on the shoulder but generally on only one side. If it drifts a little towards the back it still gets the lungs and exits the other side through the ribs again. So I am curious as to what types of meat loss are those of you out there experiencing? As it's said, "Inquiring minds (or maybe mindless depending on your perceptions) want to know?"

I am curious about all the comments I've been hearing about meat loss. I have been hunting for some 60+ years now and am very careful with bullet placement. Always have been. Up until lately I only hunted with a .308 and my longest shot has been about 300 yards. My experience has been to shoot just behind the shoulder through the ribs, in one side, say goodbye to heart and lungs and if the Nosler Partition (165 gr) makes it out the other side it blows an exit hole about the size of my fist in the ribs on the other side. I don't do deer ribs so to me that means no meat loss. If my shot wanders for any reason, a little forward into the shoulder then there is some meat loss on the shoulder but generally on only one side. If it drifts a little towards the back it still gets the lungs and exits the other side through the ribs again. So I am curious as to what types of meat loss are those of you out there experiencing? As it's said, "Inquiring minds (or maybe mindless depending on your perceptions) want to know?"
Good comments. A miss is a miss. so don't miss. You can kill a deer with a well placed shot using a .17 cal pellet rifle. Not recommended, but you can. A well placed shot turns the innards into jelly. Mission accomplished.

Your Weatherby 7 doesn't need to shoot heavy bullets. Once upon a time a very wise person made the statement, "Only hits count." That 7mm WBY will probably send a messenger of death to most of the wildlife on the North American Continent with a well placed shot. (Well maybe not big bears. But you knew that anyway)

Your Weatherby 7 doesn't need to shoot heavy bullets. Once upon a time a very wise person made the statement, "Only hits count." That 7mm WBY will probably send a messenger of death to most of the wildlife on the North American Continent with a well placed shot. (Well maybe not big bears. But you knew that anyway)
Not if you're shooting 1 MOA @ 600 yards.