Why the 7mm Rem Mag?

LOL. OK, scrap it all and do the 300WSM with a brake. Lighter overall package, you'll keep your teeth but still eventually need hearing aids. It did just win at some event I ran across recently too so 🤷‍♂️ Or load a 30-06 with some H100V and you'll have that 300win feel.

The 300wm rattles most peoples teeth. The 7RM does not. The 7rm is slightly flatter and less wind drift out to normal hunting range. Cost less to shoot, more fun and pleasant to shoot.
I guess the 7 is for more delicate shoulders. lol I shoot 225gn in my 300 win mag and with a chassis no muzzle feels like a 7 rem mag hahahha

Shoot both of them and decide for your self. Or get both and see which one you use the most. Put that type of question out in a forum and you will get many opinions. I don't have a .300 WM, but I have a .300RUM, two .300SAUMs, 30 Gibbs and .30-06s. I also have two 7mmRMs, and two 7mm STWs. Which one do I use the most? My titanium .300 SAUM. It weighs less than 6 1/2 pounds with the scope (unloaded). 7mm RM, .300 WM, both have their pros and cons (according to their fans). Step up and make your own choice. Compare ballistics and use that as the basis. Don't use us because we have many differing opinions.
Great post & you have great taste too. **** nice rifle collection. Can you adopt me lol

I have both, I shoot 180 berger hybrid out of the seven at about 3070 fps.. It has awesome accuracy and it doesn't kick as much as my 300.. Although i shoot a brake on both.. Neither really kicks too much.. I have to say that when I go elk hunting I just feel more confident with my 300 and 215 berger... Not that the 7 rem mag can't kill elk, I just prefer that bigger bullet for elk.. When I had my big horn sheep tag I took my 7 rem mag.. It is a laser at longer distances for me... I have never met a 7 rem mag i didn't like.. ha ha That's why you should get one.. also brass is cheap.. ADG makes it and it is good stuff.. JMHO..

When there exists the 300 WM? Just curious. Might need a nudge
i have many guns that i dont need. but i live them all. both 7 rem mag and win 300 mag. both are gr8 rounds! also have 7 dakota, 7 x57, 7mm 08, 7 rum. 7mm weatherby, 7 wsm, 300 wsm, 300 weatherby. 300 rum, 308, 30 06, and more. i think you put this up just to stir the pot and watch the fireworks

i have many guns that i dont need. but i live them all. both 7 rem mag and win 300 mag. both are gr8 rounds! also have 7 dakota, 7 x57, 7mm 08, 7 rum. 7mm weatherby, 7 wsm, 300 wsm, 300 weatherby. 300 rum, 308, 30 06, and more. i think you put this up just to stir the pot and watch the fireworks
should read love them all.

This is an apples to oranges question. The 6.5 is a great cartridge, but it shouldn't go into the same category as the 300WM if you are hunting really large game animals in the US or overseas. Deer sized game or maybe elk, but anything larger you have too little in bullet grains and terminal velocity. That can be seen in the fact that many outfitters won't allow you to hunt moose, bear, red stags or African game with anything less the a 300–they have had too much experience with game lost due to shots from underpowered cartridges. Even here if you are hunting nilgai or oryx they'll tell you 300 is the minimum caliber. Sure a perfectly placed round MAY kill any animal, but that shot is rare, and a larger round makes up for a lot of issues/vagaries when hunting. The biggest problem many encounter when buying any gun, especially a 300 WM, is the recoil felt, which is always made better or worse by the construction of the gun. Case in point is Browning A-bolt vs Browning xbolt. The A-bolt kicks worse than my .375, and the xbolt less than my Remington 700's in 7mm Mag. ALWAYS find a way to test fire a rifle BEFORE you buy one if you can! If you see someone with one at a range, ask if you can shoot it. There is a reason for a huge difference in gun prices—an A-bolt costs $400+ dollars less than an Xbolt.
The entire European continent would argue that what you say is hogwash.
Especially the Scandinavians, they have been using 6.5's, successfully mind you, for eons. The 6.5x55 Swede is one of the most popular cartridges for Moose, Reindeer and other large bodied animals.
The old adage still rings true "it doesn't matter WHAT you hit'em with, it's WHERE you hit 'em!".

Cheers.

Potato potato. I personally have bothe I like my 7 mag better. But. When I need the big heavy bullets I gram the 300. So much of a preference game. I actually just bought and am setting up a 28 nosler to replace my 300. Don't care for the extra wind drift because for me it is the hardest thing to read. Just my preference. Don't hate me for my opinion. This is one of those topics that you can ask 50 different people and get 50 different answers.