Why so many 6x and 7x for sale

capona

I'm a .308 and 30-06 guy.

I'm curious why there are so many classified for sale rifles for 6x and 7x calibers on a long range hunting forum.

I see very little .308 and 30-06 for sale. Just curious as to why that might be.

Heavy for caliber high BC bullets. In 30 cal you have to get up to 200gr+ for those (though I don't know if there is a common definition for 'heavy for caliber'), whereas the 7mm can do 168-195, and the 6.5mm can do 140-150's.

IMHO since most gun stores still cater toward the hunting crowd, you'll find more stuff geared toward that in a gun shop.

i can walk in to my local store and find 30 cal stuff from the lightest of projectiles all the way up to 240gr stuff.

both target and hunting bullets.

brass is still easier to find then a lot of of 6/7mm. cheaper.

the useable powder for them i can still find in the shelf.

over all it's relatively cheaper to still shoot.

again this is my opinion and observation.

so a lot of people buy something to scratch an itch and realize it's not what they want or just can't the stuff for it or just too expensive to shoot.

IMHO since most gun stores still cater toward the hunting crowd, you'll find more stuff geared toward that in a gun shop.

i can walk in to my local store and find 30 cal stuff from the lightest of projectiles all the way up to 240gr stuff.

both target and hunting bullets.

brass is still easier to find then a lot of of 6/7mm. cheaper.

the useable powder for them i can still find in the shelf.

over all it's relatively cheaper to still shoot.

again this is my opinion and observation.

so a lot of people buy something to scratch an itch and realize it's not what they want or just can't the stuff for it or just too expensive to shoot.
That's kind of what I was wondering if maybe the 6x wasn't working out as well for the hunting crowd, or maybe too expensive in good times let alone current times of diminished to no stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.