Why so many 6.5 saum's for sale?

trucraft

Just interested to hear why so many people are selling 6.5 saum rifles?
A look in the for sales and there seems to be loads over the last few months.

I am a little concerned that I may be missing something as I have one being built shortly.
Interested to hear why.

I echo the other guys with the reason being brass. Hornady brass has been really disappointing. It really holds this phenomenal cartridge back from its potential. That said, the remedy is here. Bertram is bringing 6.5 saum to the market right now, and ADG is slated for this fall.
I think everyone that is "jumping ship" for 6.5 PRC is gonna be in the "same boat"...Hornady brass!

Not sure about the selling of the 6.5 SAUM''s, but the 6.5x284 seems to be having a resurgence. For the last few months, I have been receiving numerous PM's from shooters inquiring about load information. I think both dynamics could have something to do with the publicity of the 6.5PRC. I think many see the 6.5x284's case dimension/design, abundant supply of quality brass, and ballistic performance as a well proven alternative, and sweet spot for a LR 6.5 hunting cartridge. Just an impression.

I had wondered if it was a brass thing.
Im in the UK and though there isn't tons there does seem to Norma about.
However if it's mainly brass the reason for all the sales why no other SAUM's for sale?
I think trends may be something too.
Aneone that's resently sold one want to give their reasons?

Not sure about the selling of the 6.5 SAUM''s, but the 6.5x284 seems to be having a resurgence. For the last few months, I have been receiving numerous PM's from shooters inquiring about load information. I think both dynamics could have something to do with the publicity of the 6.5PRC. I think many see the 6.5x284's case dimension/design, abundant supply of quality brass, and ballistic performance as a well proven alternative, and sweet spot for a LR 6.5 hunting cartridge. Just an impression.
Just so you know, Bullets.com still has Norma 284 winchester brass at giveaway prices.

I had wondered if it was a brass thing.
Im in the UK and though there isn't tons there does seem to Norma about.
However if it's mainly brass the reason for all the sales why no other SAUM's for sale?
I think trends may be something too.
Aneone that's resently sold one want to give their reasons?
I recently sold one just to have another made with a different action. Both made by Ryan Pierce and both absolute tack drivers. May sell the one I have now just to get a lighter version from Ryan with a Proof barrel. I have to say it has been the most accurate and easy to load for caliber I have ever had and I will always have one. Sure glad someone else will be making brass though because Hornady is crap:(

The problem is that many think that 6.5 anything is the answer. It is a great caliber and needs no help in the accuracy department, BUT when people start wild catting cartridges, other problems start to show, (Brass availability, loading dies, chamber reamers, fire forming and many loading challenges themselves. There are many good 6.5,s and realy no reason to wildcat an already good one.

The SAUM is factory loaded, in 7 mm, so if someone wants a SAUM this would be a great one to chose. the performance is as good or better.

But as we all know, we want something different, so we do things without thinking about the difficulty we will have. Any cartridge necked to 6.5 sounds good until we build it and that's when the trouble begins.

Only the very experienced loader should tackle a wildcat design, and even then they may have difficulty making it do what they wanted it to do.

I suspect that is the reason that many are getting away from "any" wildcat is the trouble of all the process including finding components.

My recommendation to anyone is to consider a cartridge that fits your needs and find one that is common because it has everything available necessary to fill your needs and loaded ammo is readily available. But don't chose the flavor of the week just because someone brags about it being the most accurate and best. (There is no such cartridge).

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM