Why Shoot Hammer Bullets

Fordy has ruined me. He's got me testing hard/bad angles and multiple pills.
Don't shoot his numbers (or goofy species) - all I shoot is deer.
Last year my bang/flop ratio was 80%+ with only 3 runners of about 9, 14 and 42 yds total (20 some deer) using the 85gr HH at 4k+ muzzle.
This year, several diff bullets used, many hard angles shot, bang/flop % down as expected but still decent.
Hopefully next year less testing and more consistant shots. A little more time yet this season, just under 20 deer so far, tired of testing/tinkering. But of course the new prototypes are coming🥴.

Last year my bang/flop ratio was 80%+ with only 3 runners of about 9, 14 and 42 yds total (20 some deer) using the 85gr HH at 4k+ muzzle.
This year, several diff bullets used, many hard angles shot, bang/flop % down as expected but still decent.
Hopefully next year less testing and more consistant shots. A little more time yet this season, just under 20 deer so far, tired of testing/tinkering. But of course the new prototypes are coming🥴.
If I shot all my rifles testing HAMMER bullets , I would have too be on STEVES payroll , so for now Im settling on my 6 favorite rifles.

If I shot all my rifles testing HAMMER bullets , I would have too be on STEVES payroll , so for now Im settling on my 6 favorite rifles.
I'm with you 100%. This gets expensive, but I can't help myself.
I've got loads worked up for a bunch of rifles. But i only regularly hunt with 2-3. So many weights/styles in my primary calibers it keeps me busy. Got my favorite in 6.5. Still hunting favorite (so far) in 30 cal.

I'm with you 100%. This gets expensive, but I can't help myself.
I've got loads worked up for a bunch of rifles. But i only regularly hunt with 2-3. So many weights/styles in my primary calibers it keeps me busy. Got my favorite in 6.5. Still hunting favorite (so far) in 30 cal.
I set a 6.5 PRC WTO SWITCH LUG up for the second barrel too be a 300 wsm , hope too get the 300 going before this season , time flys , when your having fun.

They are working on a rifle for me as well. 300wsm & 25SST. have you used them before?
No I haven't , I had the switch lug head spaced by Straight Jacket Armory too my 6.5 PRC on a Curtis Axiom action , I now can do a pre fit 300 wsm without sending my action back too them , I will order a 300 wsm Proof in the near future and done deal . I basically built the rifle myself , but had them fit the barrel to the action .

No I haven't , I had the switch lug head spaced by Straight Jacket Armory too my 6.5 PRC on a Curtis Axiom action , I now can do a pre fit 300 wsm without sending my action back too them , I will order a 300 wsm Proof in the near future and done deal . I basically built the rifle myself , but had them fit the barrel to the action .
You will not regret the WTO the rifle is as accurate as you possibly can shoot.

Gday GL
I'm sorry for the corruption but it's a boomerang as we know 😜
What your doing is so good for the hunter & critter & our own knowledge base has increased from what we once new

I am so blessed to have met guys like you well talked to & here's one for you lot to consider I plan on ticking you guys off my bucket list 😱😇
Not with a bullet lol
Cheers

99B146D7-7619-427F-A7A0-7B5547DAEDE4.jpeg
Todays hammer fodder